Mike's Guide To Validation...

MadManMike

Hello Mr New Guy!

Here's a few tips on getting validated quicker.

Before all the others - Stop posting damn for sale/wanted topics in NMC - Tomm

1. Read the guidelines.

2. Stop talking in bollocks text talk, it takes me a good while to translate it to any readable text.

3. There's a spell checker - use it if are illiterate / dyslexic.

4. Get rid of those god awful little ASCII pictures in your signatures.

I just noticed reading through how many 'tards there are posting rubbish replies and expecting validation!

It doesn't deeply trouble me I just find it funny that people can be so thick.

VA-LI-DATE it's easy as 1-2-3! :D

Good day.

All good tips so far..

Remember that before anyone gets validated, we click 'find all posts by this member' - if all/most of them are along the lines of

Hi mate, yes that is a nice bike.

I hope I have helped

John

You will not get validated.

Saying mate, and I hope I have helped is getting a bit tedious to read recently and some new members seem to think that saying that will get them validated - it wont. One decent reply will get you validated, whereas 100000000 crap ones wont.

More tips:

Put as much information into your posts as possible. I can't stress how important it is.. dont leave people guessing what you mean, or having to ask you more, basic information before they can give you a reasonable answer.

If you dont have to say it, dont. Leave spammy chit chat to MSN, remember this is a discussion forum.

EDIT BY TOMM: Just FYI people - I won't validate anyone who fails to use capital letters at the start of sentences. Petty, I know. What are you going to do?

* don't swear

* use accurate punctuation

* for the love of Blofeld don't post in 1 block of text. Should I reply, I for one will provide a very bitchy response if I have to slowly read 8 lines of single sentance garbage :P

* respect the old more senior members of the forum

* don't bum

Hey,

Thanks for this topic lads this will help me to keep to guidelines and maybe work up to being a member sooner rather than later.

I already check all my post with the spell checker just to make it easy for everyone to read :P

• First Visit? Read This!

• Do NOT post new threads asking when you will be validated

• Do NOT post new threads asking why you cant post anywhere else

• Do NOT email us when you realise you cant post anywhere else

• For Sale/Wanted/Swap threads are not allowed in New Members Chat

• Do NOT cross post between Members Chat forums and New Members Chat.

• Harassing Admins/Moderators via PM/Email/MSN WILL NOT get you validated any faster.

That is my t-f bible.

Cheers

Aidan C.

This is a good topic, it's about time we had one that starts to explain the rules a bit. I'm still trying to get validated, but i'm sure I follow these rules to a T. I hope its just a matter of time.

Anyway for proof you don't have to be on here for ages to get validated speak to human_furball, he's one of my best mates and he's just got validated and is anoying me about it all the time in school. I can see why though all his posts were good. Any tips to get validated human_furball (chris)?

Yeah, when I first registered on this forum, it was a good week before I read the guidelines at the top of the page. ( :( ashamed) But I did read them and it's good to put one here for people like me who go straight into reading the posts.

Hey,

Thanks for this topic lads this will help me to keep to guidelines and maybe work up to being a member sooner rather than later.

I already check all my post with the spell checker just to make it easy for everyone to read :P

• First Visit? Read This!

• Do NOT post new threads asking when you will be validated

• Do NOT post new threads asking why you cant post anywhere else

• Do NOT email us when you realise you cant post anywhere else

• For Sale/Wanted/Swap threads are not allowed in New Members Chat

• Do NOT cross post between Members Chat forums and New Members Chat.

• Harassing Admins/Moderators via PM/Email/MSN WILL NOT get you validated any faster.

That is my t-f bible.

Cheers

Aidan C.

so why aren't you validated :-

also isn't one of the rules not to post the rules.

I think this topic should get stickied as it is quite helpfull.

all i can say is take time to put effort into your posts. Make guides on how to do something to your bike but search to make sure it hasn't been posted before. use pictures and helpful links in your guide aswell.

That seems to be the fastest way to validation atm.

also isn't one of the rules not to post the rules.

Lol nope.

1. Read the guidelines.

2. Stop talking in bollocks text talk, it takes me a good while to translate it to any readable text.

3. There's a spell checker - use it if are illiterate / dyslexic.

4. Get rid of those god awful little ASCII pictures in your signatures.

Sound advice.

DDDDDEEEEENNNNNIIIIIEEEEEDDDDD! :P

Making seperate accounts if you f**k up your first attempt at validation (Mentioning no names, eh Mr. C) is kinda frowned upon as well, so be prepared to have to work a bit harder. Leopards don't often change their spots, so we tend to give people a little more time to prove themselves to make sure they're willing to post well...

For the love of god restrict the use of smileys. There is no need to end your posts....

Joe Bloggs (Y):rolleyes::P:D:lol:B):)

You wont be getting validated by myself if I see posts like that. It just makes you look like a tool.

edit- also, avoid starting "whoz the best rider eva?" type threads. They have been done to death- so please, please leave it.

For the love of god restrict the use of smileys. There is no need to end your posts....

Joe Bloggs (Y):rolleyes::P:D:lol:B):)

You wont be getting validated by myself if I see posts like that. It just makes you look like a tool.

edit- also, avoid starting "whoz the best rider eva?" type threads. They have been done to death- so please, please leave it.

Wait 'til tomorrow, there will be a new topic titled: "Hu iz da best rida out der"?

I didn't even realise I was validated for about a week ^_^

i no you must get anoyed at how many people ask you this but i wana now how long it normally takes for you to look at a persons posts and see if you are going to validate.i mean im after a new frame and i am stuck to emailing the people about it as i can not pm them.

i no you must get anoyed at how many people ask you this but i wana now how long it normally takes for you to look at a persons posts and see if you are going to validate.i mean im after a new frame and i am stuck to emailing the people about it as i can not pm them.

It really does vary. It can only take five mins to click on a new member, look at a list of their posts and read through a selection of them to get an idea of the general quality of them.

The slow part is getting noticed so that a mod takes the time to check your posts out. Quite often you will be checked out for validation if a senior member notices good posts by yourself and then nominates you for validation in SM chat. So if you make lots of one sentence replies such as "nice bike mate" or "yeah thats good riding there (Y) " you are unlikely to get noticed- if anything it will harm your chances and you wont get nominated.

Alternatively a mod might take time out of their busy schedule to sit down and look through members posts themselves, without recommendations. However we have lives outside the forum and its just not possible for someone to constantly check through posts.

If you really want to get noticed and get validated then I'd suggest you only reply to posts when you have something helpful or worth contributing. Cut out all pointless one sentence replies. Cut out posting annoying topics such as "how high can you drop". As its been said before Quality not Quantity.

If your not that bothered then post away whether its useful or not- just dont expect to get nominated so quickly.

keep quiet, pm'ing is supposed to be a secret for new members.

nah joking.

mike, your guide is good.

ye lol i think its orite (Y)

And on a serious note , I was amazed at how quickly I was validated , given that English isn't even my language . Am I incorrect in thinking that there seem to be more new members registering recently , or is this a backlog left over from the recent server change ?

One other thing - if someone says, for example, "Which rim should I get?" Don't just got "TryAll" or anything, try and give a reason or two as to why. It's way more likely to get you validated 'cos it shows you're putting a bit of effort in to help other people, which is always good...

So who was it that came up with the idea of a validation system? its a super idea, When i go on other trials/non trials forums there all full of topics like "which bike to get" or "what pads" over and over again which is anoying.

I notice most people's advice was to not leave 1 line posts like "good bike" or yeah thats a good brake" but (not mentioning any names to avoid hassle) theres about 3 members that i have never seen post a post thats longer than a line! besides im not here to run the forum so i realy dont care.

Tom_turd you say posting "mate" alot wont do you any favors, which kinda puts me in a awkward position as i have the habit as typing how i talk and being a builder i say mate a hell of a lot :P

Anyway for proof you don't have to be on here for ages to get validated speak to human_furball, he's one of my best mates and he's just got validated and is anoying me about it all the time in school. I can see why though all his posts were good. Any tips to get validated human_furball (chris)?

Yeah I have been on here now for little over a month but I got validated due to having:

1. Good punctuation, m8 and yeah i lik wat u r thinkin will not get you anywhere closer.

2. Detail, the more information you put in the more likely you are to get validated.

3. Chit-chat is for MSN until you become validated then go to the Chit-chat section or leave it on MSN.

4. Language, I've been told sometimes to "watch my french" but the language I have seen on here will get you nothing but trouble. If you have nothing better to do then swear, really you should think about your life.

5. Finally be helpful, this sort of ties to:

Hi mate, yes that is a nice bike.

I hope I have helped

John

This isn't very helpful at all.

Follow these guidelines and anything else that you have read on here that makes sense if you aeriously want to be validated here and now.

Chris

Well touch me with a ten foot barge pole!

I do believe this is the only thread i've ever posted that hasn't been locked or laughed at and relegated to page 2 :D

To think it was half jokey as well :)

Mummy always said I was "special" lol

Heres one:

If someone has posted more then 1 image, and they aren't attachments, if you quote their post, don't keep the images. Replace them with IMAGE HERE or something. We do not want to have to scroll twice the amount just to see "Nice pictures mate".

Same with large posts. Just cut it off to a few lines, or cut out the bit you want to quote on.