Mike's Guide To Validation...

MadManMike

This validation system is one awesome idea. Being a mod of a much larger bike forum I have to "cope" with finding and deleting hundreds of silly posts each week just because the administrator couldn't be bothered to introduce a similar system as on T-F.

So as not to make this post pointless, my little piece of advice is not to keep going on about hoping to be validated soon. It sounds as if all the reasonable posts such a person writes are purely to get validated and not intended to help people. Although I have never had to choose who to "validate" on the forum I moderate, it would definitely put me off.

Simply never use the word "validation" before you get validated. That's my view on the subject. And remember that there is a hidden forum for the supreme members and it's not only mods and administrators who look around for people worth validating.

Heres some more.

• We dont care what bike you ride
  • We dont care what different parts it has
  • We dont care who is anyones favourite rider
  • We dont care what size bike is someones favourite
  • All of the above have been posted aleast 5 times, so dont add a 6th
  • That giant with a joined top and downtube has been posted before
  • The batch multi coloured mod frame has been posted before
  • We dont care if you hate someone, grow some balls and tell them to their face
  • We dont care if you want to ride with a specific person in your area, use MSN
  • This isn't a chat room, use MSN if you want to talk shit, or talk to only person

etc.

I've just had to go through this thread and delete a load of argumentive, childish, pathetic posts by certain members. This is supposed to be a thread about how to get validated, yet some of the actual members come across worse than those yet to be validated. Those involved SHUT THE HELL UP, lets keep this on topic.

Hi there!

A few more ideas:

-It would help if people rear the New members Guidelines for a starters, then mod's wouldn't have to close topics

-Use the search before posting a topic to see if it has been posted before,

-Be more descriptive when writing, and mean what you are saying and not just writing to get the last post or to be the highest poster of that day.

-Also like many people have said before don't type in txt tlk, Because i'll be there for 20 minutes reading and trying to figure out what it all means And i'm sure this will apply to a few more people as well.

Cheers joe >_<

Edited by Joe_Da_Man

Read this Thread

Check the above post for an example of how quality over quantity will always prevail. I think Radflax only made two posts but they were of such high quality, maturity and thought that he was released into the wild that is full membership :P

if everyones posts were that good people would be getting validated in no time (Y)

No, they will be left here as a record, in a months time it would be nice to be able to look back on posts of yours like the ones above and think, yeah he has changed, if that happens you may well be let into the main forum again.

Improve and you will get yourself back to where you want to be. Improve your attitude, and stop abusing people. People have changed in the past on here and it has been recognised, were not "out to get" anyone, or have any hidden agendas against anyone. Behave like a normal mature human being and you will get back into the main forum, it may take you longer than normal, but thats due to your past record which you'll have to live with. Oh and before you complain, thats life, you can't do something, then just ignore it and hope it goes away or will be instantly forgotten.

Just a point, It would be quite helpful if some of the topics in NMC were worth replying to, as some of them are just about blatent rubbish. Does making countless topics help the chance of getting validated?

These Topics being held with useful information?

Cheers,

James

Does making countless topics help the chance of getting validated?

No.

If anything, it lowers your chances of getting validated. Same with posts you make. If you have 100 posts all saying

'Hi Mate,

Yes I agree with that, do it.

Cheers

Dave'

You will not get validated.

See below for a post which got fizzmahon validated in one post.

Well i was browsing the forums today and someone mentioned how to true but did not know how to dish, so for all those people who need to know here it comes.

Note: It is best to have a wheel in true before dishing.

Firstly to find out if it is out of dish. Take off any bolts / quick releases. Take the rim and put it against a wall with the hub on the ground. Push down on the side opposite the wall (so the rim is higher on the wall) and mark it on the wall at its highest point.

Flip the wheel over and mark the highest point on the wall once again. If the two marks match your wheel is in dish, if they do not it is not in dish.

If it is not in dish, pick the side that was lower on the wall and that is the side you must raise. Tighten every other spoke (the ones which will pull that side of the wheel up) and loosen every other spoke of the opposite side (that way you dont over tighten the spokes)

Keep doing this until your wheel is in dish. I find its best to tighten/loosen by a quarter of a turn each revolution.

Hope that helps,

FiZZ

Every one if u stick to this u will be sure to be validated its my trials forum bible

• First Visit? Read This!

• Do NOT post new threads asking when you will be validated

• Do NOT post new threads asking why you cant post anywhere else

• Do NOT email us when you realise you cant post anywhere else

• For Sale/Wanted/Swap threads are not allowed in New Members Chat

• Do NOT cross post between Members Chat forums and New Members Chat.

• Harassing Admins/Moderators via PM/Email/MSN WILL NOT get you validated any faster.

That is my t-f bible.

Cheers

danny (Y)

I have now read the hole of that guide and was interested in way i am not validated

Rob

Also, if you do things like this, You probably wont get validated quicker.

:rolleyes:

Edited by Dan6061

I have now read the hole of that guide and was interested in way i am not validated

Rob

Whole?

Why?

.?

Also, you have to do more then just read it. You actually have to follow what some/most of it says. :rolleyes:

"I've read the bible, why am i not God?".

:turned:

I'd say sucking up has become a bit of a problem, I'm not sure about everyone else but it annoys the hell out of me.

'TF Guidelines are my bible' great, stop talking out your f**king arse, you just sound like a creep. Do you have them printed out and read them before you go to bed?

Get a f**king girlfriend/job/life. Jesus christ.

A bit of PMT.

Hello Mr New Guy!

Here's a few tips on getting validated quicker.

1. Read the guidelines.

2. Stop talking in bollocks text talk, it takes me a good while to translate it to any readable text.

3. There's a spell checker - use it if are illiterate / dyslexic.

4. Get rid of those god awful little ASCII pictures in your signatures.

I just noticed reading through how many 'tards there are posting rubbish replies and expecting validation!

It doesn't deeply trouble me I just find it funny that people can be so thick.

VA-LI-DATE it's easy as 1-2-3! :D

Good day.

umm Thx for the info (Y)

Cheers

Dave

Tip #3000.

Pointing out other members mistakes, or pointless posts does not make you look better than them - don't do it. If you think a thread is pointless and should be closed, use the report button or tell a mod. Publically ridiculing (or attempting to) the thread starter won't do you any favours.