Mike's Guide To Validation...

MadManMike

I've just been looking through new members chat and see people mis-spelling and then putting (spelling) in brackets after the word; why waste time doing this when there is a perfectly good spell checker facility ready to use :S

Edited by Joe_Kearney

cos (sp?) theyare (sp?) lazi (sp?)

Remember...

No ones interested in a standard bike, so quit with new topics and one photo.

No ones interested in how high/far you can sidehop/gap unless you're actually good.

No ones interested in if a profile is better than an eno...we've heard it all before.

Edited by anzo

Another one..

'Bumming' shops wont get you validated. It wont neccessarily decrease your chances of getting validated (unless you've not read the guideline about not putting links in your signature) but it certainly wont increase your chances.

We're not directly affiliated with any shops that have banners on here.. nor are any of the shop owners in the position to validate members.

That is all..

Right. Dont want to annoy anyone but as it stands im really not understanding this forum. I appreciate why you do what you do but its a little frustrating.

I work in edinburgh bicycle and have to deal with peoples bike problems day in day out, the last thing I want to do is search through a forum and try and find things that I can help people with.

Fair enough if there is a post that i think i can help some one with I will, but there is usually only one right answere out there and so many people trying to get validated they all jump at the chance.

It just seems like a waiting game.

That's largely because it is. Even so, you've been on the forum what - 1 day, and 3 hours? That's not a great deal of time. Someone got validated yesterday on the strength of one thread they did, and it took them 2 hours from joining to validation. It does happen quickly, but as it's reliant upon people going through new members and doing it, it can take time. People have waited a lot longer than you have, so it just requires patience.

We have to see your posts to know whether you're worth validating or not. One of your 5 posts was in this thread, another one of them was in that thread Tom closed (see here), so there's not a hell of a lot to go by. Generally, if someone makes it clear they're only here to sell a frame, we'll wait for a decent amount of posts first (or some high quality posts will do the job) just so we know that it's not someone signing up to rip someone off - another reason we have the validation system.

Guys, it's not difficult to get validated! If you read all the instructions/guidelines, you should be able to do it within an hour or so. (As long as you don't post crap)

I'm not trying to sound big-headed or anything, but I got validated by writing my first post! (Link) And i'm definitely not the brightest banana in the bunch by far.

For once id love to contribute to posting on a thread, i've seen nothing but topics that dont really make much sense lurking around the New Members section. Some are just asking for advise but I only like giving advise on a topic it hasn't had over 4 replies stating the exact same thing.

If New Members had topics which could actually be discussed over such as this topic here:

http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/forum/index....showtopic=76430

Which was found in Trials Chat ;) Then I'd never complain about how un-often im validated haha.

thanks guys for the tips it has helped me i think i ll probably get validated a bit faster i needed to no that you cant use text talk it s what i ve been using

thanks guys for the tips it has helped me i think i ll probably get validated a bit faster i needed to no that you cant use text talk it s what i ve been using

Don't forget the punctuation mate. And start with a capital.

dont know if this has been said but for the love of god stop saying HOPE IVE HELPED!!! i've seen it happen loads and people are saying things like "nice bike, hope ive helped" its just starting to get on my nerves (N)

sorry for the outburst

So True, hope i've helped.

This thread is starting to sound like a primary school english lesson. :lol:

Thats because most of the people here seem to have missed out on primary school. So we are bringing them up to speed.