Pc Help

SebJT

Hi guys,

I'm hoping someone can help...

Yesterday I was using my pc, went to the toilet came back and the system had locked up. So i hit reset and now it justs gets to the windows loading screen then reboots over and over :(

After a few times i caught a glimps of the blue screen of death. Only pops up for a millisecond, but was enough time for me to get a photo of it and read what usuless message it has to say.

It says, windows descovered an error so will reboot to prevent damage to my files... or something like that.

Great! Windows is protecting itself to the point where i cant actually help it.

Ive had no luck getting into safe mode or anything, so i have popped my hdd into another computer.

My question is can i fix windows while its a slave in the other pc?

I have windows and all my programmes on a smaller partition on the drive, so i know i can just reinstall windows but you all know how long that takes by the time i reinstall everything. Which i would normally just do but in 2 weeks time im getting a nice shiny new pc (when my student loan comes in) so i'm going to have to do all that then anyway, so just for now can i repair it?

One problem I dont have a bootable win xp cd.

Quick Spec:

Win XP Pro

160GB hdd with windows on a 40GB partition.

Thanks for any help.

Seb

If you can, make sure you copy all your data off the drive as a matter or urgency on the other PC, just in case.

I had a similar problem when I messed about with a graphics card, and it just kept going in circles. I didn't trust the drive, so I bought a new one and the old one is now a slave, and seems fine.

You might be best doing a web search or trying a PC forum, as I'm sure it's a common enough problem, and I'd have thought it's fixable without a drive re-format.