Birmingham Ride Photos

SebJT

Didnt stay out for long with my camera, had to go and do a photo shoot, then decided to return with my bike rather than camera.

Here's a few of what I got:

IPB Image

ayup theres me recovering from a fugged up drop gap, i came up short how embarrising is that :$ .(im the one on the grass B) )

Edited by Snowy

Pretty good there. A few too many from behind the rider still, and some could have done with a burst of flash too. Generally though a good use of a wide angle lens, and nice and sharp too.

Nikon 10.5mm fisheye? 8mm Sigma fisheye? What body were you using?

Nice flash thingy on your gallery webpage too.

I did use fill in flash (if thats what you mean by burst flash) but as it was a rather bright day (ISO 50 1/250 F6.3) didn't really 'fill in' as much as wanted, using it on TTL. Maybe could try it on manual, any tips?

I know you always say photos from behind aren't as good which is true in most cases, but i do like the one of the down gap from behind, gives a sense of what the rider sees.

I really can't wait to get out more with my camera taking more photos of trials as that was the third time ive been out with a decent camera and taken photos of trials.

I was using a Canon 15mm Fisheye (180 view but reduced slightly due to the 1.3x mag on the body)

on a Canon 1D Mark II N with a Canon 430EX Speedlite.

On my next trials photo outing I'm going to try using a 28mm lens as i feel a good shot looks better without the distortion.

As to the funky website gallery... Photoshop CS2 users File>Automate>Web Gallery... have fun :)

Thanks for all the comments.

F-Stop Junkie - if you could give some constructive critism that would be much appreciated either here or add me to msn.

Seb

I did use fill in flash (if thats what you mean by burst flash) but as it was a rather bright day (ISO 50 1/250 F6.3) didn't really 'fill in' as much as wanted, using it on TTL. Maybe could try it on manual, any tips?

I know you always say photos from behind aren't as good which is true in most cases, but i do like the one of the down gap from behind, gives a sense of what the rider sees.

I really can't wait to get out more with my camera taking more photos of trials as that was the third time ive been out with a decent camera and taken photos of trials.

I was using a Canon 15mm Fisheye (180 view but reduced slightly due to the 1.3x mag on the body)

on a Canon 1D Mark II N with a Canon 430EX Speedlite.

On my next trials photo outing I'm going to try using a 28mm lens as i feel a good shot looks better without the distortion.

As to the funky website gallery... Photoshop CS2 users File>Automate>Web Gallery... have fun :)

Thanks for all the comments.

F-Stop Junkie - if you could give some constructive critism that would be much appreciated either here or add me to msn.

Seb

:lol: it's weird i tryed reading that, all i know is the make of the camrea's but nothing else.

Edited by Snowy

Sweet pictures matey! (Y) Don't really know that much about photography but i know a good picture when i see one and that third picture was amazing! :o

Just wondering, were these from the Brum ride on 29/04? 'Caus if they were then i would have been there but didnt get there till abit later. I did that drop gap too. Was awesome. (Y)

Cheers,

Joe.

Argh damnit, wish I'd my ass got out of bed in time to come to this ride now.

Awesome pics, Seb, well high quality. Seems you are quite the cameraman :P Loving the lense effect. Wide angle/fisheye stuff always looks well big - that drop gap looks huge from the top.