Bike Pics Thread.

Mark W

23 hours ago, niconj said:

I take it you use Hope adapter? If not, get some or you won't have your Zee on the rear for long.

I don't think I'd ride without a hope adaptor on the back of any trials bike haha! They are nice n' strong. Only reason I have a shimano one on the front is because it was free, and front brakes aren't as much issues when shimano 203 adaptors (not hollow ones) are strong enough as it is anyway :)

Even if they did break I'm getting Maguras at the end of the month because instead of £590 I get them for about £270 ish LEL

2 hours ago, JJ Leigh said:

I don't think I'd ride without a hope adaptor on the back of any trials bike haha! They are nice n' strong. Only reason I have a shimano one on the front is because it was free, and front brakes aren't as much issues when shimano 203 adaptors (not hollow ones) are strong enough as it is anyway :)

Even if they did break I'm getting Maguras at the end of the month because instead of £590 I get them for about £270 ish LEL

I got the 810 Saints for 100. :) I ran the MT5s (same as the MT7s expect for the lever) and wasn't happy with them. The perform very well but I hate it when the rotor rubs on the pads and since the gap is so small, this happens very quick.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, niconj said:

I got the 810 Saints for 100. :) I ran the MT5s (same as the MT7s expect for the lever) and wasn't happy with them. The perform very well but I hate it when the rotor rubs on the pads and since the gap is so small, this happens very quick.

Maguras are a tad harder to set up arent they, always found that building bikes at work compared to shimano stuff. End of the day to get the best performing brake, you need that super accurate tiny gap so the pads hit the rotor square, and at exactly the same time. nobody ever seems to have it which is fair enough because its a bitch to do. my saints are pretty damn good at the moment.

14 minutes ago, JJ Leigh said:

Maguras are a tad harder to set up arent they, always found that building bikes at work compared to shimano stuff. End of the day to get the best performing brake, you need that super accurate tiny gap so the pads hit the rotor square, and at exactly the same time. nobody ever seems to have it which is fair enough because its a bitch to do. my saints are pretty damn good at the moment.

The MT5/7 perform perfectly. Don't get me wrong. I wasn't able to fault my brakes even with only a 180mm rotor on the rear (Trialtech pads). It's just that I hate rubbing rotors. You don't actually notice it that much but I do, and if you do happen to hit your rotor, it becomes really annoying. Saints are so much butter in this aspect. As for the lever... that's just personal preference. I like the 810 more than the MTs. The 820 are crap though which makes Magura the only good choice nowadays as the 810 won't have a revival. :( 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, JJ Leigh said:

I know how to put a tyre on properly i guess haha.

My trusty friend the hairdryer for 30 seconds :P 

I wasn't referring to this. I know that Ali has tried lining them up properly but the logos are just off. Conti might have changed that in a newer batch.

• Like 1

On 14/02/2017 at 8:16 PM, niconj said:

How come your tyre logos line up and on other bikes they don't?

Those tyre logos are applied in a fairly freestyle way it seems, so they usually vary slightly on each tyre.  Some are almost perfect, some really aren't.  Even from side to side they can vary.

• Like 1