Try All Freewheel

KOXX-UK

Benito, etc., were all running them at Koxx Days apparently, so I'm guessing it's done the rounds.

It'll have to be not too disimilar to the Tensile in terms of price though, especially if it's open bearing. Difficult bit of the market to fill I'd have thought?

Anyways, here's hoping they've got a nice hard metal for the bit by the extractor, the downfall of the Dictas when they used that sort of system was that in the eventually of the tool slipping at all (and even just from the use of the tool sometimes) it chunked up the body. Saying that though, this one's obviously going to be higher quality...

It says 75 euros in the Tensile thread, so that'd be £53 with an exact conversion to GBP, although I'd have thought having to have them shipped from France to the UK for sale might bump it up a bit? We'll see I guess :)

Ive had one of those freewheels at mine since January from the toxsin masta in taiwan. Unlucky dow, the threads on it are too small to fit to a standard crank. He told me that there an updated version of the freewheel out soon. Maybe we will have em for the end of april if where lucky finger crossed.

adam

thats a bargain at £53

Like I said - I'd be really, really surprised if it did work out as being £53. That was a rough conversion from Euros, 'cos I'm pretty sure it's 1.4:1 (euros:GBP). There are other things to factor in that can alter the price after that too, so it probably won't end up being £53.

If they're going to be open bearing, and end up nearer £60, I think personally I might be tempted just to go for an Eno. With that sorta price, it's going to be a freewheel you'd rather service as opposed to just throwing away and replacing (like with an ACS, just 'cos they're so cheap) if anything goes wrong with it, and my Eno's sooooooooo easy to work on.

We'll see though I guess. Nicely presented product anyway, if it comes in that case with the tool 'n' stuff!

It's proving a hard market to beat but people are trying , I love my eno at the moment and the engagment is pretty much mint , had it slip the other day and I managed to get out of it ok.

I say if benito and co are running it , its obviously going to be ok, if I'm not mistaken they were doing some mahoosive stuff at koxx days from the footage I saw ?

*cough* bull s**t *cough* :P

Ive got it in me hand right now. It good for fidlein with while reading stuff on the internet etc :P

Alex thinks its bull shit because he spent about 2 hours trying to blag it off me because its his birthday soon hahah lol

Ive got it in me hand right now. It good for fidlein with while reading stuff on the internet etc :P

Alex thinks its bull shit because he spent about 2 mins trying to blag a pic off me

corrected there adam

back on topic

i think this will be my next freewheel when my enos on its way out looks ace (Y)

I'd have thought the Merseytrials guys probably had one they were planning on branding up as a Toxsin, as opposed to a Koxx one? At least I'd have thought that, 'cos I don't think they really have anything to do with Koxx...

Like he said though, the manufacturer said they were going to produce another one which had 'regular' threads.

thats a bargain at £53

I'm guessing it'll be nearer £100 if that's the conversion. That's inc postage. May seem a bit high, but we'll soon see.

lock ring faces out, so held in place by crank arm/rock ring.

Does that seem like a bad idea? I mean, your going to have to remove the whole freewheel just to get inside it, rather than just taking the crank arm off. Also, won't having 9 pawls make it drag like a fat man though water?

Is it sealed or open bearing? Becuase if it's open, it'll be even funnier when you want to replace something.

Edited by JT!

Testing; Vincent has been running the same one since January.

Thread size; Same as ACS/ENO.

Price; As I said 75 Euro is a projected price, if possible I would like to see them retail for £49.99, lets hope the factories sums are not to far out.

Fred.