Try All Freewheel

KOXX-UK

LOL!!!!

no you pay for aston martin to go fast look kool and be a hit!!! :D hehe B)

it will be unsealed @ 108 pick up B) mega or what. i heard they would be around £60-70ish. but hey it was only "provisional" pricing that i had heard. i know Giacomo and Vincent have been testing them for some time now, and if they aint breaking them some little kid aint going to be!!!! cos the amount of pressure and sheer power they put them through is amazing, i must say vincent (i think) is more powerful than my Golf GT TDI!!!!! @ 130odd BHP!!! :lol: he is MEAN and very powerful.

the tensile one will get sales purely on th availability as it is available now, its as if BOTH tensile and the Try-All freewheel have been designed around the same sort of basis, reverse thread locking mechanism to stop them un screwing etc etc. its weather you want a pimping 108 clickety clikker or a what ever a tensile one is, i would hazard a guess at one of the tensile ones maybe having 72?? like an ENO????

Waynio..........................

true with the removal thing.

but if you use the tool correctly and bolt it TO the freewheel with a long nut and bolt you will find when you clamp the tool in the vice and use a leverage bar on the crank to remove the freewheel that it comes off uite easily. (Y):) if you use the right tool for the job and secure it well you wont have many/if any problems.

i work in a shop and remove freewheels all day long sumtimes for the local lads, and they come off piece off P!55 if you "bolt" the freehweel tool TO the crank arm.

Waynio........................

Yep, I've done that, but like with Partz, I've had trouble with it. Equally, the Try-All doesn't really have the same sorta system for solving the problem of freewheels unscrewing. The Tensile's lockring is still easily accessible so you can do repairs or strip it easily, whereas the Try-All is on the other side, where it won't be so easy to access. But yeah, to each their own I guess.

I'd pay for the Eno purely for ease of use, guaranteed availability of spares from many places that are generally all kept in stock, the ease of servicing them, and just the general quality of them. That's just me though, there are still bound to be people who'll pay out for the Try-All wherever the price ends up falling (Y)

if u can justify paying 25-30 quid for sealed bearings and less engagements, yes.

The pawls only last about a year if you ride your bike alot. That's once every year you need to open it up.

With the try-all your going to have to take it off the crank arm, and then you'll have ball bearings all over the place?

72ep is enough, of corse more is nicer, but when you start sacrificing sealed bearings and things like that to keep the price low, i'd rather have the less engagements.

The pawls only last about a year if you ride your bike alot. That's once every year you need to open it up.

With the try-all your going to have to take it off the crank arm, and then you'll have ball bearings all over the place?

72ep is enough, of corse more is nicer, but when you start sacrificing sealed bearings and things like that to keep the price low, i'd rather have the less engagements.

thats if you can get ithe tryall off of course.

Edited by mat hudson

EP's are important to top riders that compete in both BIU and UCI. In UCI comps riders often find themselves in a situation where the next "E" point is to far away to avoid pedel touch, so = 1.

KOXX/TRY ALL products are made to meet the needs of comp riders, regardless of compromise.

Just to confirm the price will be £49.99. plus p&p, available as soon as I can get a shipment over. Vincent has used the same one since January, it's reliable.

PS.

Looking at a flat plate removal tool with a 1/2" square aperture to fit a socket ratchet, lowers the rotation point.

F.S.

Edited by KOXX-UK

EP's are important to top riders that compete in both BIU and UCI. In UCI comps riders often find themselves in a situation where the next "E" point is to far away to avoid pedel touch, so = 1.

I dissagree with that. I belive a top rider could do exactly what they can do now on a freewheel that had 36 eps. Although, the more eps the better of corse, goes without saying. But from 72 to 108 i belive won't make any difference. Thats why i'm saying i'd prefer less ep's, and to have sealed bearings, becuase it'd make it so much easier to replaces the pawls.

Edited by JT!

KOXX/TRY ALL products are made to meet the needs of comp riders, regardless of compromise.

Just to confirm the price will be £49.99. plus p&p, available as soon as I can get a shipment over. Vincent has used the same one since January, it's reliable.

PS.

Looking at a flat plate removal tool with a 1/2" square aperture to fit a socket ratchet, lowers the rotation point.

F.S.

Even though all of Koxx's top riders used to run ACS Claws and still cleaned up at comps before? Then some apparently used Enos and still managed to clean up? The riders Koxx have chosen are all amazing riders, so I'm pretty sure they'd be winning no matter what, I'd have thought... Your call though I guess.

With an Eno you'd have to move the crank a maximum of 5° to get to the next point, whereas with the Try-All you'd have to move it 3.333°. Bearing in mind to actually get that entire range of movement you'd have to be unlucky enough to start pedalling at the exact start of the ratchet slope. It's pretty unlikely. Either way, going from 36 to 72 made a big difference, but anything around that mark just feels samey. The Tensile felt like it had just as many as the Eno, just 'cos there is such a small difference there (5° compared to 6°).

It's cool that there is the option of the Try-All freewheel though, don't get me wrong. It's cool to see actual innovation in trials as opposed to people just rebranding stuff, so it's all good I suppose.

Onzaboymark please will you just do me one simple and nice favour just SHUT UP about bloody rotation degrees between engagement pionts!!!!!!! i honestly couldnt care what the degree was between the engagement piont :D 108 engagement pionts is 108 engagement pionts at the end of the day, and to me it sounds amazing that try all are bringing out something at that price £49.99 thats 10quid more than the tensile, for the extra 10quid i think i would pay for just under double the engagment pionts of the tensile. To me it just sounds that you are persistant on trying to get people not to buy it buy putting them off with this rotation degrees rubbish. any ways Adios Amigos :P

i used to run 24 pick up on a hope mono, didnt bother me, but if riding UCI i could see exactly where i would fail!!! i would have to use upper body strength to move the bike rather than rely on the pick up of the hub.

72 is/was good, just because 108 is coming out, this is bad? i think not, like fred says "Koxx/Try-All" are in the market to take it forward, a good example mark is this:

Onza make budget bikes. they are heavier than koxx bikes BUT get younger kids "into" the sport.

capiche? or am i still a mile away? yes onza do what they do best under £500!!!! koxx do whats best from £800 upto £1500 and monty do best over that and at £1800!!!! fair advertising in all area's, if you want to hear "onza" all the time i can give you that. but you are comparing Jaguar with Aston martin and Ford with Audi. it just doesnt work. good for a first timer, but after that the way forward is to something better, if you wish to disagree you wish to disagree but lets keep it as a "civilised" conversation instead of an arguement in which the majority of TF threads turn into.

Cheers. my 1/3 of a penny for you.

Waynio.........................

PS Feely (Feelme) has a valid point mark. he may only be 15 or summit but he rides alot with me, and is a good lad, doesnt BULL5H!7 like some of the people on the forum. 108 pickups is 108 pick ups.

EDIT: PPS i think getting more pickups is the way that try-all are taking their products forward. like this scenario:

Why did white industries make one with 72 pick up??? why did ACS make one with 36??? or what ever it has. what a good/sponsored PRO rider uses alot of younger kids/adults teenagers will copy/wish to use JUST because someone better and may be even an "idol" to that person, and that is what makes the world go round. everyone is saying they want trials to "go forward" yet when it does you critisize it??? or question it???

Edited by Waynio

Yeah, I know 108ep is 108ep, I didn't say it wasn't. It's just that people going "My Profile has 72ep on the back" and stuff like that when it doesn't kinda pisses me off, so I was just explaining to Snowy, who asked how many it would feel like it had on the back, how many it would feel like. All I did was answer his question, not bullshit him, in that what I wrote about how it would feel is an actual fact ;) Equally, I haven't said the freewheel's a bad thing, nor that Try-All products are bad or anything. Their rim and one of their tyres are stopping my hubs from grating across the floor, so it's not like I'm against them or anything. I'd also disagree with some of your points about Tensile and Onza products - their cranks and bars are used by a decent amount of top riders, so it's not like they purely do budget stuff. Also, the Limey frame - for example - builds into an excellent full bike (won a few big comps already and it's still pretty young?) and so on, but anyway - that's not what this thread is about.