Try All Freewheel

KOXX-UK

koxx some of the best trials bikes in the world and therefore must have quality parts on them onza make reasonably priced bikes so they must be lacking some of the quality that koxx have.

koxx levelboss. 60 quid out of the factory. check out the mark up on that ;)

Sorry to come in late on this topic but I have been away for a couple of weeks. I do feel that there are still points to be made. Our Tensile brand uses the subtext "optimum" on all our products and we feel that it is a fair reflection of our position. We have been developing this freewheel for over two years now as many will confirm. We have tried many different combinations and have had a prototype of a 96 click version for over a year. We settled on a 60 click with 3 sets of two pawls operating on a 20 tooth ring. This gives a sizeable tooth pick up size and a short travel distance for the "hammer" effect which in our opinion is the main killer of pawls. The 108 click freewheel is no great leap of technology. It just means the same three pairs of pawls operating in a 36 tooth ring. This means you sacrifice tooth depth for increasing clicks. We feel that the optimum is our chosen path and we have exhaustively tested the various options over a long period. Time will tell whether our decision is correct but we have sold now over a 1000 worldwide and orders are still flooding in. We are a British company and although made abroad the profits come back here to the UK. Our freewheel is available now to sell and has had excellent reviews both here and abroad. As always though you pay your money and take your pick.

i agree mike. the freewheels are similar in price BUT paying for different pickup. i havent seen inside a Try-all freewheel but its probably the same as a tensile. who knows?

JT.................if you have a front freewheel BELOW your power transfer (which is your legs) the power is more direct. therefore is more transferable, i have noticed this with riding an ENO on the front of My BOW. if you disagree with that. then ok, you disagree BUT what i would put forward is, i have ridden trials for 5 years, i have used a shimano hub and a chris king hub and literally most options available, when i put front freewheel on, i said STRAIGHT away to Feeley and Lovatt, i could feel a difference in the freewheel, i didnt have to put as much effort in, BUT when i was putting the same amount of effort in i was gaining more reward. i have sidehopped 52" to two wheels on my bow, which i have found hard to do even on my kenny belaey at times, i think the max i had done was 51" so to get an extra inch out of front freewheel its put me in a position where i will go back to pro2 T rear hub see if its just my mind playing tricks or weather it is FACT. if it is fact i will lock the pro2 T out and still use that as my rear hub and still use the ENO on the front.

i dont know if you understand that. but your chain HAS to tension, therefore in a rear hub, the push on the cranks, then the tension in the chain THEN the engagement in the hub.

THEN the freewheel method. Tension in the chain after the force put on the pedals works quicker, as the load is under your foot and not literally 1 foot away from you at the rear hub.

this is only in my opinion though. i really need to put my wheels that wo in my Caisso/Belaey into my Bow and see if i can feel a difference.

Waynio...........................

Nah wayne, a rear free wheel would tension in the same way, unless the actual length of chain between the front fixed cog and rear freehub would make a differance, but I can't imagine it realy. I had thought the same myself, but as long as you have your tension in the chain before you let go of the brake, it will all go to the back wheel regardless of where your freewheel is placed, because it is allready engaged....

and surley the tray all freewheel internals will be differant from the tensile if it has so many more ep's? reading through all that stuff about tooth depth and such there would have to be a differance to achieve the higher number of ep's?

That said, i'm now waiting for this one to come out before I go and buy a tensile....

JT.........

Yeah but when your freewheel engaages, you effectivly have a fixed system for a short period of time. Same goes witha rear casette hub. Making both sytems exactly the same when pedal kicking. So really it shouldn't make a difference.

I haven't checked here for a while, but just to make what I wrote last time a bit more clear, I'll add:

so in thoery its like saying this 3:2 ration on a Try-All freewheel will be MEGA!!! :S

Yes. it would, if you had it on the rear with a 27t front cog... THEN you will be able to use the mechanical advantage, the whole gearing bit.

This thread is going down, not too interesting now. Wait for the product to be available, try it out, judge it...

i feel there is a difference.

like i put, i havent even put my rear "freewheel" hub wheel back on, as iv been using the Eno. and fixed at the back. i FEEL a difference.

alot of people have got on my bike and said its different, weather it is the pick up difference i dont know, BUT there is something different about it, maybe a should put an ACS on or something with less pick up.

Waynio.....................

it would be nice to see the freewheels out and see what feedback they do end up getting.

With a little luck the new freewheels should be with us by the weekend. If they arrive in time I will bring some up to TYKES competition. Now I've said this they will be late!

I'm keen to see how the production models hold up, the pre production models have lasted well under test.

Having the lock ring held in place against the crank arm could prove to be a great advantage, it cannot come loose, seems to be a common fault with some other products.

Edited by KOXX-UK