Try All Freewheel

KOXX-UK

After reading this post I thought I'd better give this freewheel a try!

A brand new Monty isis crankarm and a brand new Try-All freewheel from stock ... it screwed on perfectly, first attempt, without any tightness at all. (Y)

Wires: Crossed?

:-

I'd have imagined that was barbara, so the 'man' bit was kinda wrong :P

Will, Use the spacer, I have mine up against the crank with the flat surface facing away from the BB if you understand me, works grand.

Mods, had you read the thread, you'd have found that it's only me that's had problems, (and posted about them here) Others may have had problems across europe and such, but I havn't heard of anything specific.

Where has it been indicated that it won't fit on 'most' crank arms, or that it has 'escalated out of control' for that matter?

Your post just seems a bit dramatic to be honest, as far as I know there's only two of us here that have actually fitted and used it, Ben hasn't had problem's,and I have, 2 view's isn't really anything to go on with a brand new product is it?

If your considering getting it, wait untill someone with the same cranks as you post's, or wait untill tarty get them, give them a ring, and ask them if they will fit the cranks you have, no doubt they will have whatever cranks your running......

Well, regardless, :rolleyes: if other's get them and they fit most cranks, and your current freewheel is the same as most, it'd probobly be fairly safe to assume that it will fit? If not, I can't see fred having problems taking one back provided it's not raped.

By that time we will have seen if anyone has had problems like mine, or if mine was an isolated case, which I think is most likely.

Edited by jake1516

Had a play on will's and jesus its like riding a different ratio completly it was so responsive and solid and ok the sound of it wasnt as nice as an eno but jeebs its good. But for will I have to admit that I'm a jewish regae master because it did skip twice but not harshly. I'll let Will carry this on as he's should write something about his beast of a freewheel.

Had a play on will's and jesus its like riding a different ratio completly it was so responsive and solid and ok the sound of it wasnt as nice as an eno but jeebs its good. But for will I have to admit that I'm a jewish regae master because it did skip twice but not harshly. I'll let Will carry this on as he's should write something about his beast of a freewheel.

yer, this freewheel is a beast so-far :D

as was said my run-ups have to be altered, but that only took about 5 secs to get used to...

tis quick pickup and seems very sturdy and well made (Y)

and jake, i had no trouble whatsoever putting the thing on :P it went on just as easy as the ENO i used to run, slid right on :)

just gotta see if it takes the 'Will' abuse :P

ok got my freewheel this morning started putting it on it was quite stiff( expected after reading the news thread) anyway carried on and when it got too stiff i shoved the crank in a vice and wrapped a chain round the freewheel and used that to tighten it, now its about half way on but wont budge any further any ideas? or any one else with this problem?

Just pedal it on? Like put the crank on, sort the chain out, then just put some pressure on with the pedals? If you just ease it on I don't really think you'd have a problem. Alternatively, you could scrape the crap out of the threads of your cranks or something like Fred suggested...

Did you grease it up at all?

Just pedal it on? Like put the crank on, sort the chain out, then just put some pressure on with the pedals? If you just ease it on I don't really think you'd have a problem. Alternatively, you could scrape the crap out of the threads of your cranks or something like Fred suggested...

Did you grease it up at all?

yeah iove copper greased it and gave the threads a bit of a clean its a pain in the arse freehweels.

hmm, strange. Are you absoutley positive that it's not cross-threaded?

I'f you've got a tool to do it, get the tool bolted on, and throw a 'power bar' on the end of your spanner, it should go on nicley then.

You have put the spacer in between the crank arm and freewheek with the smooth side faceing the crank arm?

I won't be trying to remove mine untill I absoutley have to, I suggest you wind your's on and do the same.

What cranks are you using. and I'm assuming that ACS etc, screwed on easily to the threads as mine did?

Edit: too slow, Exactley the same cranks as mine, are your the older square taper ones?

Edited by jake1516

hmm, strange. Are you absoutley positive that it's not cross-threaded?

I'f you've got a tool to do it, get the tool bolted on, and throw a 'power bar' on the end of your spanner, it should go on nicley then.

You have put the spacer in between the crank arm and freewheek with the smooth side faceing the crank arm?

I won't be trying to remove mine untill I absoutley have to, I suggest you wind your's on and do the same.

What cranks are you using. and I'm assuming that ACS etc, screwed on easily to the threads as mine did?

Edit: too slow, Exactley the same cranks as mine, are your the older square taper ones?

yeah they are (Y)

yeah had a good look at the crank threads and they are f**ked so am gona send them back (Y) cheers fer hely guys

damn, thats a real shame. these freewheels have been quite a problem havent they. do u think koxx will make the freewheel threads slightly bigger? its putting me off that the freewheels are f***ing up peoples threading and its stupidly hard to put them on.

JK

damn, thats a real shame. these freewheels have been quite a problem havent they. do u think koxx will make the freewheel threads slightly bigger? its putting me off that the freewheels are f***ing up peoples threading and its stupidly hard to put them on.

JK

didnt f**k up my threads they threads were like that when i got the cranks (bought 2nd hand)

Yeh, that sound's a bit bollock's indeed. Is it the freewheel your sending back or the cranks?

Let us/me know how you get on with regard to this as I'll most likely end up in the same predicament when I want to takemine off...... :(

I can get mine on and off quite easy.