Photos From 2006(!) Dj Memorial Ride

Phatmike

Just like to say thanks to Charlie, Sue, the guy who did the pig roast, and everyone else who turned up to make a great day!

A small selection of pics from today :)

mg92970mb.jpg

Tim Stedman, rolling out, then going over the bars!

mg93308hw.jpg

John Shrewsbury with an awesome bunny hop to plant.

mg93616kz.jpg

Matt Arkright gapping up from the cotton reel onto the other.

mg93911qa.jpg

James Porter doing the same line.

mg94143rb.jpg

Tim Stedman (successfully!) nailing the sidehop up from the sketchy hook thing! :S

mg94195ud.jpg

Matt Awkright gapping up to the skip.

mg94757dm.jpg

Porter recovering after a horrific accident invloving Adam Bessell!

mg95217ub.jpg

Steve-a fufanuing back down to the pallets, from a bunnyhop up.

mg95395ou.jpg

And Onzaboymark, doing a 6 pallet drop. (Y)

Comments? :)

Mike.

Really good pics Mike! Clarity on them is really good, and the saturation's just about perfect, along with white balance.

You use much fill flash or was that other people around you kind of thing? Second pic makes fill flash most noticable. Looks really good though.

edit: pictures say flash didn't fire so.... :S

Really like them. Might have to ask you for some tips! :P

Edited by Nick Carter

Really good photos there Mike (Y) I especially like the picture of Steve looks really cool. That picture of Porter on the floor after a crash and someone trying to steal his trainer made me laugh, it looks like he is crying :-

Dan.

Edited by Danno

VERY very Good (Y) like them alot mike.

Nice sunshine and looked a cracking day. i would have been there, porter asked me if i wanted to come down, but iv had to get my finger out and do work while i can.........as im away and doing stuff every other weekend. looks like everyone enjoyed themselves and had a good time (Y):)

JUST going off those pictures...........i like the dress code that people are into. (Y) Shrewsbury always reminds me of Akrigg (Y) his dress style too.

Waynio......................

You use much fill flash or was that other people around you kind of thing? Second pic makes fill flash most noticable. Looks really good though.

edit: pictures say flash didn't fire so.... :S

Don't always believe the EXIF info when someone is using a flash arrangement based on 10ft of wire, and a flashgun dug up by the Time Team... :)

It works well though.

What lens are you using? That gap that Matt Arkwright is doing looks huge! But for some reason the cotton reel is very bent ;) And how do you get such awesome colours? All good pictures anyway (Y)

P.S. Mark's improved loads :o

What lens are you using? That gap that Matt Arkwright is doing looks huge! But for some reason the cotton reel is very bent ;) And how do you get such awesome colours? All good pictures anyway (Y)

P.S. Mark's improved loads :o

The lens is a Peleng 8mm fisheye, theres a wealth of info on it on google, I'm really pleased with it, and a bargain for about £110. Which would also be the reason the lines are bent. (Y) All of the pictures are a bit cropped, and a bit cloned to remove the small amount of vignetting you get with the lens.

I guess the colours are just thanks to nice bright sunlight, and a good bit o' fill flash! Oh, and the optics of the lens to!

Yeah, Marks got much better, we were all impressed with the drop! :-

The gap that matt and James did was very huge!

Heres a photo of James(?) Munn just doing a gap up, but you can see the gap up, although it does make the larger cotton reel look smaller than it actually is. :P

IPB Image

Thanks for the comments. :)

Fook me, just reminded me of Liam Munn's riding, dammnn aggressive! :o his sidehops somewhat reminded me strongly of Carles Diaz' sidehops for some reason :P

and I agree with Joe elding that maybe we could have a file where we can see all the pics. Would be awesome.

Heres a photo of James(?) Munn just doing a gap up, but you can see the gap up, although it does make the larger cotton reel look smaller than it actually is.

Noooo it's Liam.

Fook me, just reminded me of Liam Munn's riding, dammnn aggressive! ohmy.gif his sidehops somewhat reminded me strongly of Carles Diaz' sidehops for some reason

Aaarrrr...aren't you sweet, thanks. Although I was a little all over the place, but yeh, was riding alrite and the ride itself was pretty awesome

Edit: Damn that pic is awefull !!! lol, got a right face on and you can see the belly ! hahahhaa

Edited by TheMunn