Akira_Shock!

Does anyone have any idea what compound they are, or what the sidewalls are like? Dan Ko's running one on the back, I think, so maybe he could help...

Hopefully, i Should have mine tomorrow.

Dave@TartyBike said they was pretty much the same to the old echo tyres except they have alot stiffer sidewalls, about as thick as Maxxis CC and a little narrower.

Pretty much the same price as well, £20

Hopefully, i Should have mine tomorrow.

Dave@TartyBike said they was pretty much the same to the old echo tyres except they have alot stiffer sidewalls, about as thick as Maxxis CC and a little narrower.

Pretty much the same price as well, £20

Here's hoping they don't fold and f**k up like Creepy Crawlers do though. My rear Creepy's pretty much worn out, so I think I may ride it bald a bit just to see how people get on with these Echos...

Can I just ask, but do these new 'Echo' tyres even have an Echo logo anywhere on them at all?

Otherwise they just look like a Luna tyre, or a Black sticky finger tyre. Hmm, probs will order one then.. I just hope they aren't re-colored sticky fingers seeing as their 'bike trial 20x2.5' logo is exactly the same font.

I’ve had this rear Echo tyre from last summer) Just didn’t really use it until recently when the Maxxis CC ran out of thread.

There's really isn’t much difference between this one and the new ones. These tyres are in fact from the Luna factory, so, it’s the same thread as the Luna tyres, and the Onza sticky. The new echo tyres are unbranded, so no white line and Logo.

The grip on the tyre is alright, but not as good as the Maxxis CC. The compound on the tyres are pretty hard, and when side hoping, the result in that is chunks ripping off the tyres >_<

Not much rolling resistance, so its ideal (for me anyways), and it offers a pretty good bounce.

Oh, the sidewalls are pretty thick as well, so the puncture resistance is good.

Downside is the amount of wax on the tyre when its new, it gets all over your rim surface (N), So just get a rag or something, and wipe of the wax.

:rolleyes:

Differen Tread patterns for a start, the luna is not joined like the echo and the side grip starts really low down the sidewall, the echo tyres are the same as before without the stripe. totally different to luna. :)

Luna

IPB Image

Echo

IPB Image

Anyone care to give their first impressions so far?

Yep.

Compared to the Try-all, is lower rolling, thicker sidewalls and alot springier.

It doesn't cheese off my rim, and you can feel the spring when you prelaod. Its about the same weight as a Try-all.

It is pretty grippy, seeing as its about 60a compound.

Didn't have any problems with it being waxy though.