Sweet Pic.

Dan@Trials-uk

All Comp bikes crack, probably one of the reasons so many are updated each year. My 221 Ti lasted 3/4 months, before i found 3 cracks, still going to ride it though due to it being my pride and joy.

Its a shame it cracked and snapped on you shaun, glad your alright, you could have been seriously hurt! Limeys are mint only heard of 3 snapping over a time period of 3/4 months :)(Y)

Edited by Mr_Pitbull

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(joe b @ Jun 28 2006, 09:29 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Actually, buddy, Stan Shaw's and Adam Bessell's have both gone within about 3-4 months of having one. I'm not saying that these frame are good or not just on the basis of 3 peoples snapping quickly, however it is a good argument against the strength of this frame...

Stan's lasted over 8 months and failed due to a manufacturing defect (therefore under warranty), the seat tube cracked away from the top yoke - how many times have you seen that?

Adam's was battered to within an inch of it's life after many altercations with rails, and cracked in a similar way to the one in this thread. It was replaced for half price. Not a bad deal?

This one's been dented a hell of a lot too...

It's like crashing an F1 car into a wall and then complaining that it broke. The frames are more than strong enough to cope with their intended use.

Cool picture though!

Lol is true mine was well battered suprised it lasted that long with the dents i put in it!

sweet pic dude! ive treated my limey like shit!some of the scratches have even almost gone right through the frame and its still going strong!

ive also had it about 6-7months (Y)

si.

You forgot to mention that your downtube has curved upwards.

• 1 year later...
You're so cool that you quoted me twice,

And before you say anything about coolness,

Yes I'm on here at this time!

Woah, 5 past 4... not really that late :P Time for me to stick a film on ;)

Mega bumpage just for that spammy post though, seems a bit wasted.

sounds like all the snapped frame have been stripped - coincidence??? lol

Don't think so, Dave Kerr stapped his in much the same way and I don't think his was stripped. (Did get a new one half price but it'll probably go again soon as the down tube is already dented).

Good effort with the photos Mike.

You're so cool that you quoted me twice,

And before you say anything about coolness,

Yes I'm on here at this time!

I don't think he was referring to the fact you are on here at 4 in the morning, just that you have found a 9 month old thread and bumped it up to the top of the forum and we don't know why? :S

I don't think he was referring to the fact you are on here at 4 in the morning, just that you have found a 9 month old thread and bumped it up to the top of the forum and we don't know why? :S

I know he wasn't referring to the time I was online, that's why i said "BEFORE you say anything"

So is there a rule on TF that if a topic is old, it can't be commented anymore?

If not, then what's the problem?