Grind

mad max

On saturday i put a grind on my rim for the first time.In the past i have always used tar.I have just been out and am disappointed with the results (N)

I have just put on a new pair of coolstops on, i know these are not ideal but thought i would try them anyway until my koxx browns arrive. Will there be a great improvement as i just didn`t trust the coolstops they just slipped.

Need some reassurance as i am regretting it now :(

Yea I am riding with the same set-up and it is pants. your brake will be so nice with the koxx pads they are soooooooo sweet, but until you get them just use a bit of tar on top of your grind this will do the job with your koolstops, but if not the standard black pads are better in my experience than the KS with a grind?????

(Y):D

i find the first grind is the best. might well just be me though seems to make sence that it would be as well. i find that tar does hold more than a grind but i hate it u cant get any modulation with the break and it sticks and feels horrible and if it so much as see's water it goes rubbish grinds are the way! as long as there nice and sharp and there is one direction thats better to go in than the other as well.

ben

Kool-Stops are not ideal. A mate used the pads, with a harsh grind, but the brake was very weak. So, he bought Koxx Bloxx brown, and he was very luky about the results. So, I think you will be luky, too

Edited by 5.0 Rider

1st grind on a rim is not the best. Gind it - use it - grind again. It takes 3/4 to get a good surface. Brown Koxx Bloxx are going to be hard to get hold of for about 2 months, but other colours are good to. I never use tar.

Ben.

Just put my browns on, not been out yet but they feel better and make a great sound.

maybe i was a little reserved with the grind as it was the first time so next time i will go harder.

I am looking forward to getting out to feel the diffrence(and in the rain).

If you are having trouble getting them i ordered from bikedock online on sunday and they arrived this morning :o

Thanks for the help.