A Slightly Huge Problem...

Do-M

My friend Tom, who some of you may know as T-OM, has recently introduced me to trials riding. Now, he's explained a bit too me, but what do I do now?/ where do I start? Or, in one question; How do I start? (Also, I'm not too sure about his level of intelligence, generally becasue he couldn't find the edit button >_<, so I don't know if what he told me is right, but I'll take his word for it.)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Do-M :pirate:

Im a little confused as to where you are starting from:

Are you looking for advice on buying a bike?

Do you already have a bike and are now looking for help with learning tricks?

Please give us a bit more info.

My friend Tom, who some of you may know as T-OM, has recently introduced me to trials riding. Now, he's explained a bit too me, but what do I do now?/ where do I start? Or, in one question; How do I start? (Also, I'm not too sure about his level of intelligence, generally becasue he couldn't find the edit button >_<, so I don't know if what he told me is right, but I'll take his word for it.)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

look for a cheap starter bike best one to go for would be a t-pro you can buy them new from tartybikes.co.uk or look on ebay where you should be able to get a good deal (Y) .adam

Im a little confused as to where you are starting from:

Are you looking for advice on buying a bike?

Do you already have a bike and are now looking for help with learning tricks?

Please give us a bit more info.

I'm looking for advice on buying a bike, then I'll be looking for help on what tricks to do first.

2nd hand is definetly better value.

If you are buying off ebay make sure you are careful though because people can be sneaky. If you find a bike on ebay that you like post it on the forum and people will tell you if ots a good choice (Y)

Edited by ted

If your beginning theres no point in building a bike from scratch because although you will learn alot about components, what good is that going to be when you can't ride trials harshly enough to fix them when they go wrong?

So i advise against building from scratch

That ebay bike is good if you can get it for under £150 (Y) its a fairly old T-pro so theres a chance its been hammered already, but still doesn't mean its going to break when you get on it and start learning to back hop. If you have the time and/or paitience, keep searching ebay until you find a better bike or one that you like the look of more.

Right, now that you've got your bike (you haven't yet, im just saying that for theatrical purposes) you need to learn to ride :P www.trashzen.com has animations on all the moves that I think anyone has ever done ever on a trials bike. However its not always the best to learn solely from that. Go to rides and meet other riders and ask for tips from them. Thats one good thing about trials is that it doesn't matter how crap you are, people will still associate themselves with you (unless you're an annoying tit) because you're a trials rider :)

Final word of advice is practice. Like ateast 1-2 hours a day. Even if its just riding slowly, thats still part of balancing which is crucial.

Hope you enjoy the sport as much as I :)

Matt

If your beginning theres no point in building a bike from scratch because although you will learn alot about components, what good is that going to be when you can't ride trials harshly enough to fix them when they go wrong?

So i advise against building from scratch

That ebay bike is good if you can get it for under £150 (Y) its a fairly old T-pro so theres a chance its been hammered already, but still doesn't mean its going to break when you get on it and start learning to back hop. If you have the time and/or paitience, keep searching ebay until you find a better bike or one that you like the look of more.

Right, now that you've got your bike (you haven't yet, im just saying that for theatrical purposes) you need to learn to ride :P www.trashzen.com has animations on all the moves that I think anyone has ever done ever on a trials bike. However its not always the best to learn solely from that. Go to rides and meet other riders and ask for tips from them. Thats one good thing about trials is that it doesn't matter how crap you are, people will still associate themselves with you (unless you're an annoying tit) because you're a trials rider :)

Final word of advice is practice. Like ateast 1-2 hours a day. Even if its just riding slowly, thats still part of balancing which is crucial.

Hope you enjoy the sport as much as I :)

Matt

Are there many rides in the North-East England area, like in Northumberland?