Mbk T1000 Evo2 Frame

AdamR28

New MBK T1000 Evo2 frame to be available at the start of 2007.

Geometry as follows: 1090mm wheelbase (with Koxx Forxx), 380mm Chainstays, +40mm BB rise. Weight 1.793kg/3.95lbs! Horizontal dropouts with internal chain tugs like seen on the Ben Slinger prototype frame, very neat.

Pictures:

IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image

IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image

Obviously these are computer generated images so far, however we have seen pictures of the prototype frames. They seem to have a glittery dark purple/black finish which looks suprisingly pimp!

We also have heard news of a 20" frame and MBK parts, details of those to follow when available!

Cheers

Adam

PS: Note to mods - tried to post this in News forum but it didn't seem to appear (I am aware the topic needs approving, however the 'Post New Topic' button refused to work! Please feel free to move this topic as appropriate.) Cheers.

Looking Very sexy, loving the CNC'd parts that dont look like a solid block with slots in the side.

Is that 135mm spacing or 116?

I was under the impression that they were used for comps a lot, so is there a hanger available for it?

PS: is it me or is the perspective a little out on some of those pictures?

Edited by Dont you Just Hate it When...

Looking good, is that 135mm spacing or 116?

I was under the impression that they were used for comps a lot, so is there a hanger available for it?

135mm spacing, sorry, forgot to mention that!

Now UCI comps allow single speed, I would expect a lot of UCI Competition frames to go this way... I don't think there will be a 'hanger' version, but will ask :)

Adam

135mm spacing, sorry, forgot to mention that!

Now UCI comps allow single speed, I would expect a lot of UCI Competition frames to go this way... I don't think there will be a 'hanger' version, but will ask :)

Adam

Ah, right, cool, being from the streets I didn't know that had changed. :- Nice that its still 135mm, nice stiff wheels and good hub choice.

Edited by Dont you Just Hate it When...

That frame looks the bomb and im kinda glad about the gears thing i mean its abit poo when u turn up to a comp and get turned away because u dont have gears (N) also i think that the frame will be strong as to bend the top tube uve got to get threw the 2 inch thick down tube :P very nice i might have one of them . :D

knew this has been coming out for some time now, have to say i'm disappointed with it, thought the BB would have been lower, and by not having the facility to run gears it has cut off a large part of the potential market.

Hopefully the extra cncing to the rear will have cured the flexy rear end problem.