New Products From Onza

BikeDotStuffAtOnzaDotCom

The New Limey 2- It's finally here!

...well, a very few are in at Supercycles, airfreighted in at great expense so we could have a look.

The first Limey was very well received. We've had an extra year to working on the stiffness of the frame, so we've been adding metal where it does the most good. Because of that we've also had to look for places to remove bits of metal to keep the weight down. The final result weighs 2.12kg, heavier than before but only by 90g or so...

onza-limey-2007-frame-all-800w.jpg

This is the final version. You can instantly see the metalwork that's been added behind the seat tube (...) and joining the down tube and top tube.

What you can't see and what we hope to show in the following pictures is where the metal has been removed to keep the weight down. As well as veing considerably shorter, the head tube has had the reinforcing rings rounded off, making it look smoother as well as shaving a fraction of the extra weight off.

Then we get really inventive. The inside of the head tube, previously a straight walled tube, has had some of the insides shaved and the usual small holes for welding purposes (to let the heated air out) are much enlarged.

onza-limey-2007-headtube-internal-machinonza-limey-2007-headtube.jpg

The CNC top yoke has had more machining done to it, to the point where it's a lot more hollow than it used to be. The part that has the alloy stiffener welded on it is also hollow.

limey-2007-underneath-bb.jpg

The bottom bracket shell was worked on, with some shaved out of the rear (although not creating a hole through to the bottom bracket unit).

onza-limey-2007-bb-external-cnc.jpg

Then the creative department got to work again and did another hole job on the inside of the BB shell, where it isn't exposed to mud or weather.

onza-limey-2007-bb-internal-hole.jpg

Just to finish off, we have a couple of close ups, if you really needed them, of the CNC stiffeners between the stays...

onza-limey-2007-cnc-from-side.jpg

and between the top tube and down tube. The colour of the frame is a dark metallic blue grey that is probably best illustrated in this photo.

onza-limey-2007-graphics.jpg

Click on any of the photos for a larger version of the same image.

Edited by BikeDotStuffAtOnzaDotCom

Looks great, i wish theyd make a mod. <_<

dude the mod is coming the limey 20 can't wait it in the flesh t-pro dimensions this could be maybe the best mod ever made.

llooks sweet.

whats the geo on this badboy?

its the same as the limey 1 with a few minor tweaks but i garaunte that the new one is 200 % stronger and soooo much more rigid and there also maybe coming a shorter version if there is the demand ie 1065.

hope that helps and i am building the new bike tomoz and will be out and about on it this weekend probs both matlock quarry and the blackpool moon rocks will keep you posted if anyone wants to join.

hmmm - ill be honest and say i dont like it .... also id like to know what that stupid little plate between the top and downtube is actually doing ? my guess would be - bugger all - its frame design going backwards .... also the plates behind the seat tube - again - why ? really ? they arent going to contribute that much to increasing stiffness - and plenty of bikes manage to operate without them and not break. they seem to me to have gone to town with the gimmicks on it and i just dont like it. I really like that they have got rid of the useless matereal in other places and have strengthened other areas, which seems to be going foward, but then theyve undone it all by slapping some stupid plates on to try and look good.

(N)

the extra plates n stuff seem to add to the fact that its 4.7 pounds - hefty. i mean - my bike frame is under 4.5 pounds easily ( im not sure exactly how much but in hand with the zenith and new pitbull its alot lighter than both.) and my frame is 2.5 years old- and still going strong. so why more weight now than then (and yes i understand its shorter) ?

Much as I'm not too keen on them, I can kinda see why they've got the seat-tube gussets there. Before, it was a pretty slender seat-tube going up, then having a CNC'd yoke the size of Wales on top of it. I know some of them broke there, so my guess would be that by adding a gusset relieving the stress of that yoke right the way down the seat-tube, it's made it stronger?

also the plates behind the seat tube - again - why ? really ? they arent going to contribute that much to increasing stiffness

The difference is actually very noticeable... after riding Danny's Limey 1 and Limey 2 proto you can really tell (all the same parts etc).

Looks a lot better in the flesh I must say, the colour is much nicer although the graphics are a bit purple. Pics later maybe :P

Ads

This frame is the latest incarnation of a two year development programme involving several prototypes, an initial Production frame and now this second Production frame. Some of the comments on here leave me breathless. Do you seriously think on a project like this with close co operation from some of the UKs top World Class riders that we would just bang in a few random plates here and there. Every aspect of the frame has been studied seriously and modifications made accordingly and with good reason. The programme will continue and I am sure this will not be the last incarnation. I must admit, we have not seriously considered rear disc mounts yet but I am sure they will come under the spotlight eventually. The colour is far from bland although not shown in its best light on the pictures. I think it is one of the best colours we have ever produced. Finally the name Limey refers to its English heritage (American slang for an Englishman). Hence the Union Jack in the graphics. It has nothing to do with Citrus fruits or colours.

This frame is the latest incarnation of a two year development programme involving several prototypes, an initial Production frame and now this second Production frame. Some of the comments on here leave me breathless. Do you seriously think on a project like this with close co operation from some of the UKs top World Class riders that we would just bang in a few random plates here and there. Every aspect of the frame has been studied seriously and modifications made accordingly and with good reason. The programme will continue and I am sure this will not be the last incarnation. I must admit, we have not seriously considered rear disc mounts yet but I am sure they will come under the spotlight eventually. The colour is far from bland although not shown in its best light on the pictures. I think it is one of the best colours we have ever produced. Finally the name Limey refers to its English heritage (American slang for an Englishman). Hence the Union Jack in the graphics. It has nothing to do with Citrus fruits or colours.

you take things to heart too much i think. everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion. your reply just seems to be typed quickly cos your annoyed at peoples comments. you cant expect everyone to love it.

its not a zoo python afterall

you take things to heart too much i think. everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion. your reply just seems to be typed quickly cos your annoyed at peoples comments. you cant expect everyone to love it.

its not a zoo python afterall

:lol:

EDIT : oh and i dont think you just "banged" those plates in, I just personally think there are better ways of making it stiffer without a fairly beefy weight penalty (and i dont like how they look).

Edited by manuel