<3 Chai's Valentine <3

Mark W

After going on a photoshoot with some other guys and pretty much being a photographer's assistant, I was cruising through Londizzle from Monument tube station to Southbank, when I happened to bump into a Chai, with a coupla others. Anyway, after some drive-train issues, everyone did some chainless riding, until Chai realised that if he had Spode's chain (Spode = dead freewheel, Chai = dead chain), he could ride.

Chai did some mad stuff chainless which I didn't get any of, but we snapped some pics afterwards when he was chain'd again, and he made me the happiest girl in the world by asking me to be his Valentine.

All of the below pics were taken after 11:30pm yesterday, with the last white-block sidehop being done at 12:30am...

chaibenchhop.jpg

Spot the focal point :rolleyes: Precision sidehop.

chaigapbest.jpg

chaingapsecond.jpg

Chai had a couple of goes at this, and almost got it, but his brake slipped a couple of times meaning no dice.

chaicannonsidehop.jpg

chaicannonbalance.jpg

chaicannondrop.jpg

Sidehop up, hop up, wheelswap, drop.

sidehopwhitebox.jpg

Sidehop up to 2, like it wan't no thang.

Nothing amazing, but there we go. Was cool to meet Chai properly for the first time, have to do it again some time ({)

Especially true on the cannon one. I had to faff about for 3 or 4 test shots to just focus it, 'cos it was almost pitch black. Just from looking around outside the area the flash lit up you can see how ridiculously dark it was. He even said he couldn't see his tyre before he did that wheelswap :lol:

I remember the 1st time when Chai attempted that sidehop-2-hopup-2-wheelswap-2-drop, chai took over 15mins to balance and set himself up, that myself and matt staples, tim and co tried to pressure chai to hurry up and nail that line. then staples attempted the same line and stacked badly. by then we realised how hard that line was to nail.