New Products From Tensile

BikeDotStuffAtOnzaDotCom

theres some real innovation thats gone into that freewheel , if my engineering degree is teaching me anything the fact is coated in ceramic will mean it will have less friction so the chain will glide off and on the teeth easer and the machined internals sounds amazing il definitely consider upgrading to one .

Thats cool. If it doesn't skip and costs £50 or under (might even stretch to £55), i'll buy one when this try-all shits itself in a few months time.

Tip: If you want it to be competitive (which you do) and incase you haven't already figured it out (which I'm sure you have) you need it to beat the price of an Eno by £20-£25 depending on weather they are serviceable and every component is replaceable separately. Would be pissing on White Industry's fire a little bit, but it seems thats what trials manufactures do best. ISN'T THAT RIGHT DENG?

Edited by The Duck

• 2 months later...

Hey,

Sorry for bumping this topic, but...

any news on when it's gonna come out because this is like 2 months later haha. My Try-All is threatening to die on me and i'm needing a new freewheel but I don't want to buy and then this one to come out because i'm much prefer one of these new Tensiles!:P

Anyway, does anyone know if it will be on Tarty or able to buy anywhere?

Thanks

Hunter

They are on the boat now, Looking at about 2 weeks. We thought they would be here sooner thinking we could air freight them in but we opted for the sea freight to save some pennys. (Y)

Oh, cool. Thanks for that.

Will Tarty be stocking them in two weeks? And how much will they be costing ruffly?

• 4 weeks later...
First production sample of the new Tensile 96 pick up freewheel. Really hard white ceramic coated teeth, cnc machined pawls. Available to buy in approx. 3 to 4 weeks. Price to be announced.

Mine just arrived 5 minuites ago from tarty bikes, i must say, first immpressions are very good, looks and sounds amazing and i have just sold a king and im happy about the change !

Will update after a few rides :)

Just a quick review about the new Tensile 96 click.

Got it a week ago and it looked very very nice soon as I took it out of the box!

Only got round to putting it on a few days ago and so far I have only been riding with it for 2-3 days.

It is very responsive and feels amazing, having 96 engagements the pick-up is perfect. I realise it's only been 3 days but it hasn't skipped once.

When it was first put on, it was very quiet, but after a few hours of riding it is getting really loud now. It has a very nice sound and looks ace!

So on first impressions, GREAT FREEWHEEL!

I will update in a month or so.

:)

I love the freewheel too. just feels really good. havin only ridden it for a few hours.

clicks are rather quite though......

Trust me, it gets louder after a few days.

If you still want it louder you could always clean it out and stretch the springs. ;)