Not Just Another Trials Park, The Uks Best!

Ali C

I sent a link to Tony Lund (my contact with the project)...heres his reply:

Alastair

Thanks for the information. The postings on trials forum look very

promising, the requests for local accommodation will add weight to the

scheme as we can demonstrate a contribution to the local economy. We

can

start to look for potential camp sites good chance a local

farmer/landowner

will be interested in making provision. I agree toilets etc need to be

looked at if a camp site could be set up close enough i.e. one of the

neighbouring farms then perhaps they could be sited there.

Insurance and site inspection etc may well necessitate the setting up

of a

club. We are looking at the possibility of a couple of shortish

downhill

runs at horncliffe woods (just down the road) with an uplift facility.

Same

issue would arise there.

First step is to get some costed designs together and win over local

cllrs

and planners. I'll be back in touch later this week to arrange a

meeting

with Rowan Sorrell http://www.back-on-track.org/about.htm for some time

next

week. There is a good chance that we might combine it with an interview

with

Singletrack in which case if you were willing it would be good if you

could

let them take a few photo's of you ridding some of what is already in

the

quarry.

Tony Lund

Countryside Officer

sounding good!

to be honest, some designs could be simply brick/concrete walls which locals/myself wouldn't mind building? Obviously some stuff like massive trees and such would need to be bought, but Im positive this can be done cheaper than perhaps a skatepark?

to be honest, some designs could be simply brick/concrete walls which locals/myself wouldn't mind building? Obviously some stuff like massive trees and such would need to be bought, but Im positive this can be done cheaper than perhaps a skatepark?

I'd say it could be done alot cheaper than a skatepark, but then again i'm not exactly an expert. I'm sure theres plenty of people that wouldn't mind helping build it, i sure as hell won't. Think of the sense of pride :D

just thought I would let people know that I am going to the quarry tomorrow to scope out some suitable places and take some pictures for some artist impressions. If anyone wants to join me you are more than welcome! I'll be up there maybe about 1ish hopfully.

just spent a couple of hours up at the quarry in the freezing cold with Tony Lund and Rowan Sorrell looking at possible places to have trials bits, the plan is to have at least 10 areas, but depending on other things (like time, buget, colliding with other trails and planning permission) there could be more! Theres no shortage of places to have stuff anyway.

I took lots of pics, I am going to get a friend to do some artists impressions, I'll post them up when they are done.

Tony said a cool thing, we cant have the best dh or xc routs in this country just because other places have bigger mountains or prettier scenery, but theres nothing stopping us having the best trials park in the world! He thinks it would be good to aim to have the best possible!

just spent a couple of hours up at the quarry in the freezing cold with Tony Lund and Rowan Sorrell looking at possible places to have trials bits, the plan is to have at least 10 areas, but depending on other things (like time, buget, colliding with other trails and planning permission) there could be more! Theres no shortage of places to have stuff anyway.

I took lots of pics, I am going to get a friend to do some artists impressions, I'll post them up when they are done.

Tony said a cool thing, we cant have the best dh or xc routs in this country just because other places have bigger mountains or prettier scenery, but theres nothing stopping us having the best trials park in the world! He thinks it would be good to aim to have the best possible!

sounds amazingly promising :)

• 3 months later...

update

got funding!!! :):D:lol: not sure how much as the paper work hasnt come through yet, but its deffo got the go ahead! I am going up again soon to confirm the ideas on courses and stuff, also going up on the 4th of July to show possible sponsors and funders what its all about, so hopfully more money will become available.

update

got funding!!! :):D:lol: not sure how much as the paper work hasnt come through yet, but its deffo got the go ahead! I am going up again soon to confirm the ideas on courses and stuff, also going up on the 4th of July to show possible sponsors and funders what its all about, so hopfully more money will become available.

NICE! glad to hear it ali

Carl

Sabelle looks really really good place to ride, you could ride every day for a year there and never do the same thing twice. To have anything even half as good as that in the UK would be brilliant it really would and i would drive all the way up there from Essex if it is as good as it sounds, (if you can camp over for few days) Hope it happens :)

update

If you was gay id kiss you, o wait you are :lol: Was going to ask you how things are going on, this is great news. Its going to be at secret quarry isn't it? And don't make it all natural ali. Make sure its got some streety stuff in there.

update

woo hoo, this is going to be mint :D, if you need us to go on the 4th ali just let me know :)