Not Just Another Trials Park, The Uks Best!

Ali C

another update.

Ian Johnson a possible contracted trail builder (built a shed load of trails in wales, scotland and other places) just came round to mine to discuss building of the trials side of the quarry.

Basicly, he can do pretty much anything I (we) want. he can import tons of granit, limestone and other boulders and put them exactly where they need to be, he can re shape the small hills and slopes in the quarry, insert concrete pipes into bankings, make ditches......what I am saying is he has (well, his company) an arsnel of earth moving machines, even helicoptors if needed. impressive!

I have given him some ideas on what I would like to see in the quarry, shown him some vids of uci world rounds, vids from trials parks and also a few pictures. He also came up with some ideas (rails with grippy coating, motorway barriors (the metal curvy ones) and others.

What I want is everyone to tell me what they personally would like to see there, prefrebly not burnable (pallets, railway sleepers) and the cheaper the better. Some photos, vids or diagrams would go down well too.

I am off up to the quarry on sat with Ian to actually walk the quarry and physicly show what areas I would like to use. If your free then your more than welcome to come up too.

gave him a cd with the coust scoop vid on :)

tyres, nice, will have to see about how fire retardent they are.

you may be even able to get them free from a farmer as im sure they will find them so hard to get rid of and just dump them. I think its pritty hard to set them alight unless you douse them in petrol and light them. You could even fill some with congrete to give them firmness but a odd shape to take off and different type of grip. Rail way sleepers won't set alight that easily will they. Like you said abotu bankings would be good to have a section on a banking rather than everthing on flat like normally would just spring to mind. Also to have man made and rocks linking into each other but also there be a seperate bits aswell. Big tree logs, i cant see them going up in flames easy at all, and i doubt chavs are going to trek up the hill with a jerry can. cant think of owt else at the moment.

Fair play - beats Swansea councils reply to whether they'd build a skate park - they said no.

They must be putting a fair bit of money into this although its probably an ideal way for the council to get rid of their unwanted stuff.

Jamie

Not really as this is going to cost quite abit of money. More bacup needs abit of life putting back into the place and bit of regeneration and im guessing this will hopefully bring people to bacup and boost the place abit seeing as there isnt going to be just trials but xc ect aswell.

whens this park going to be open to us trials riders?

when its finished. Work doesnt start till december so its obviously not going to be to next year and at this point no one will be able to give a acurate date or even month as work hasnt started yet so theres no progress to go off.

• 4 weeks later...

just bumping the topic really. I am in the process of designing each area to calculate how much stuff we'll need.

Heres a nice pic of the "pit" part of the quarry, its a bit wet in this pic, going to have some awesome rocks and tubes in the pond and tons more on the rock floor behind it. The pit if bigger than it looks! the rocks down there are all van size.

gallery_50_200_37713.jpg

it's gonna need a pretty intense drainage system. hopefully i'll have passed my driving test for march then I'll come down a few weeks after for a bit of a road trip, if all goes well we'll probs do it on most of the school holidays :)