Not Just Another Trials Park, The Uks Best!

Ali C

it's gonna need a pretty intense drainage system. hopefully i'll have passed my driving test for march then I'll come down a few weeks after for a bit of a road trip, if all goes well we'll probs do it on most of the school holidays :)

Not sure what drainage will be possible down there, the floor is solid rock. We'll either make a barrier or put down gravle/sand flooring. might even put rocks in the wettest parts for runups. Either way, its never as wet as it is in the pic! its been REALLY wet up here.

Not sure what drainage will be possible down there, the floor is solid rock. We'll either make a barrier or put down gravle/sand flooring. might even put rocks in the wettest parts for runups. Either way, its never as wet as it is in the pic! its been REALLY wet up here.

sounds fantastic , part from the word "sand" , being mtber/trials rider i hate the word sand!

bike recker.

Have to back up ali its been horendous up here lately with sleet most days so its not usually that bad. Rocks down for run ups would be good. Not sure on the gravel though unless it hard packed, other wise it could be like gravel you get one peoples drive and your wheels will sink into it. Also it could wash away meaning it will cost alot to up keep. I think rail way sleepers would be great for a run up and put some chicken wire down on it. And they would be hard to vandalise. Akthough i cant see chavs treking all way up there. I dont think ive been in the pit bit before that place really is huge.

but wether camping would be possible or not is another matter.

For me, that be the decider for going!

Id not drive for hours, to get set up, then have to pack up again, to drive to town, then back in the morning...

Ive traveled around alot dirt jumping...and ask any of the regulars....chilling out round a bbq, in the middle of the set ,having a beer makes the weekend!

Will it be better than hook woods? :P

Phil

YES!

As for camping, I dont think they will be activly advertising at the quarry, but I am sure that wont stop people from doing it anyway (they do it now). I agree though, camping up there would be awesome. There are campsites within riding distance anyway.

Im pritty sure there wont be any problems with camping aslong as people clean up after them selves. As soon as council/police catch on to people just leaveing loads of litter around they will stop it striaght away though. This is going to be well good, you going to come over to burnley and pick me up to give me lifts there ali :turned:lol