Not Just Another Trials Park, The Uks Best!

Ali C

• 1 month later...

work has started on the xc routs, they are being flagged out and foundations set before trials stuff really kicks off so that we dont put any big rocks or pipes right where some xc dude will be blasting through.

Some objects have been bought (concrete railway sleepers, 50 for now) and we are due to visit some quarries and pick out what rocks we want.

They are also getting nearer buying or collecting concrete and logs.

After the UCI in Belgium I have some more ideas of sections B)

Cant wait for this ali, this summer is going to be mint will have to have a ride arranged every week up there.

Once its all finished, after the stuff will be permant in there places so things wont be able to be changed around will they? as no one will have the machinery to? ino its big and there fooking loads to ride put as there is going to be certain spots especailly the man made stuff after riding there a awhile it will be like when you ride street trying the same things on the same wall ect or you think thats not going to be a problem?

oo and get a few bricks or some of the rocks from there and get a few barbeques built, but i have a feeling they wont let you do that?

Cant wait for this ali, this summer is going to be mint will have to have a ride arranged every week up there.

Once its all finished, after the stuff will be permant in there places so things wont be able to be changed around will they? as no one will have the machinery to? ino its big and there fooking loads to ride put as there is going to be certain spots especailly the man made stuff after riding there a awhile it will be like when you ride street trying the same things on the same wall ect or you think thats not going to be a problem?

oo and get a few bricks or some of the rocks from there and get a few barbeques built, but i have a feeling they wont let you do that?

There's nothing to say street has limits - much like natural there are pretty much endless lines if you put your mind to it ;)

Also, it sounds big enough to give plenty of options anyway, so I don't think there'll be much fear of getting too bored there!

There's nothing to say street has limits - much like natural there are pretty much endless lines if you put your mind to it ;)

Also, it sounds big enough to give plenty of options anyway, so I don't think there'll be much fear of getting too bored there!

Ino what you mean and agree. I dont live to far away from the place and have been on motorbike and the place is masive and youll keep finding even more stuff everytime you go looking, and ino street dunt have limits its just theres always them few walls you get to and do the same moves on and gets bit boring and as there are going to be certain spots i was wondering if there would be any that can be moved around to create stuff like you would with pallets but obviously theres not going to be that as they can be burned.

Sounds awsome ali, but are they going to make a car park in the actual quarry so that we can drive our cars right up to the quarry to save that bloody b*****d walk up! and if they put a car park will the gate at the bottom be just left open?

Adam

I am afraid the carpark will be at the bottom, its to stop risks of colliding with mental xc and dh riders whizzing down the track, plus the houses up there dont want the extra traffic. To get a proper carpark up there would require a cattle grid and hundreds of meters of new fencing, thats money being taken from the courses.

I am afraid the carpark will be at the bottom, its to stop risks of colliding with mental xc and dh riders whizzing down the track, plus the houses up there dont want the extra traffic. To get a proper carpark up there would require a cattle grid and hundreds of meters of new fencing, thats money being taken from the courses.

so where exactly is the car park going to be? Next to the main road you turn off? because there already is a carpark at the top of the hill you go up after you turn off the main road to go up to quarry. And its already fenced and has a gate.

at the bottom of the hill near the main road.

The carpark you are on about isn't suitable for full time use, it would become a bog, plus like I said more fencing and a cattle grid would be needed and somthing to stop cars/motobikes going in without permision.

at the bottom of the hill near the main road.

The carpark you are on about isn't suitable for full time use, it would become a bog, plus like I said more fencing and a cattle grid would be needed and somthing to stop cars/motobikes going in without permision.

bummer, anychance of putting a ski lift in then.

Can't wait, there better be some events happening there! Like Koxx days..... but maybe Tarty Days?!

Always good to have an excuse to get everyone from around the country together for a weekend in the summer. Would be quite promotional dont you think?

i dont think the town could suport something as big as koxx days, things like parking accomodation there just wouldnt be enough of. Im sure though that there will be plenty of comps there though and plenty of rides going on. And no reason why it cant be arranged for quite alot of people to camp out up there

i dont think the town could suport something as big as koxx days, things like parking accomodation there just wouldnt be enough of. Im sure though that there will be plenty of comps there though and plenty of rides going on. And no reason why it cant be arranged for quite alot of people to camp out up there

You ever been to Buthiers? The village is tiny. Look at it here

If it's possible to have a Koxx days there, then why can't you have a similar thing at the quarry?

You ever been to Buthiers? The village is tiny. Look at it here

If it's possible to have a Koxx days there, then why can't you have a similar thing at the quarry?

Probably because England sucks and we have Health and Safety crap to clog up fun events... It may happen, but I suspect there will be too many niggling little problems that councils create to stop it.

I don't get it. If your going to be allowed to ride this place, and it is for cyclists. Then how will the council stop everyone going up there on a certain weekend?

It's not like a concert where you need insurance, it's basically a group ride at a place where riding is aloud.

I don't get it. If your going to be allowed to ride this place, and it is for cyclists. Then how will the council stop everyone going up there on a certain weekend?

It's not like a concert where you need insurance, it's basically a group ride at a place where riding is aloud.

Yeah but if it's arranged and there's loads of people I think it'll be classed as something else... I'm no expert, I've tried to put events on (Not bike related) and there's been loads of issues.