Low Back Pain

coolbeen

I had this problem about 6 months after i first started riding. But i stopped riding for about a month until all the pain went away and then it was fine again. I'm fairly sure you've probably just pulled some muscles in your back that are not normally used unless you ride trials.

I agree with the above. Most likely you just pulled a muscle. Happened to me a couple of times trials riding and can be really annoying. Try ride through the pain I guess.

I think changing your bike would be abit too extreme, maybe make sure you give it a 5 second stretch before you ride and see if you can build up the lower back muscles with back raises. I've started concentrating on my lower back at the gym to prevent such problems (Y)

Phil

Edited by Phil_Onza

This is quite a common problem with trials riders, usually down to the fact people don't bother to warm up correctly. Some people might be a little embarrassed standing in the street warming up, but taking 5 minutes doing simple stretches, especially concentrating on your back, will pay dividends.

I find after a 5 minute stretch I'm far more flexible and can even control my bike easier.

I used to suffer with lower back pain, but I regularly stretch before rides nowadays and very rarely have problems.

This is quite a common problem with trials riders, usually down to the fact people don't bother to warm up correctly. Some people might be a little embarrassed standing in the street warming up, but taking 5 minutes doing simple stretches, especially concentrating on your back, will pay dividends.

I find after a 5 minute stretch I'm far more flexible and can even control my bike easier.

I used to suffer with lower back pain, but I regularly stretch before rides nowadays and very rarely have problems.

yeah i try stretches before i ride,

what ones do you do?

legs straight and touch your toes

bend back while supporting lower back

lay on your back and one by one bring your knees up to ur chest then try bringing both legs up at the same time

also the physio told me that your pelvic muscles have a lot to do with supporting your lower back (tense the muscles that stop you pissing yourself lol) and tensing these muscles while riding is good (pretty hard thou, try doing them while laying down first)

got most of the infomation from the physio cause my backs shit also

hope this helps

harry

lay on your back and one by one bring your knees up to ur chest then try bringing both legs up at the same time

All the above are good and I saw a physio who told me to hold each stretch for 5 seconds and then release it. Do this 10 times for each stretch and you will be amazed how much this relieves the back ache. I do it in the morning and at night before I go to bed. A wheat bag - the ones you heat up in the microwave - is also a good way of curing lower back pain. Sit with you back pushed into the back of the settee when you are watching TV with the wheat bag behind you and you will be doing back flips when you get up!!

Good luck and take care of your back, if you don't get it sorted now you will suffer big time in your late 30's, take it from someone who knows.

All the above are good and I saw a physio who told me to hold each stretch for 5 seconds and then release it. Do this 10 times for each stretch and you will be amazed how much this relieves the back ache. I do it in the morning and at night before I go to bed. A wheat bag - the ones you heat up in the microwave - is also a good way of curing lower back pain. Sit with you back pushed into the back of the settee when you are watching TV with the wheat bag behind you and you will be doing back flips when you get up!!

Good luck and take care of your back, if you don't get it sorted now you will suffer big time in your late 30's, take it from someone who knows.

Yep I'll second that one Niel. p.s. some good moves yeterday nice one