Trials Dvd

SebJT

Hi Guys!

As some of you may be aware I have a multimedia company, and this summer we are looking to film a trials DVD.

What I would like to find out first was what kind of things people would want.

Riders? - who would you like to see riding

Locations? - where would you like to see ridden (UK)

Length? - how long do you think would be good? I was thinking around 1 hour.

Price? - if it went on sale how much would people be willing to pay? We're not intending to make a profit from it, but would be nice to cover expenses.

and anything else you think should be added.

To give you an idea what it might be like, we have currently have to play with:

2 x HD100s

thumb-hd100_main_500x275.jpg

a jib

K12b.jpg

a stedicam

22%2009%202006steadicam_flyer_1.jpg

Thanks in advance for your ideas.

Seb

Danny Macaskil :). Em i guess id pay about 15 - 20 if it was really good quality filming and editing ( just realized u own a multimedia comp so guess it will be) as for location I'm stuck in Scotland so don't relay know anywhere but Danny mac for the win :)

jack meek.

porter

wheeler

goddard

mackaskil

watson

ben travis

shrewsbury

andy p.

Reading, London, Porthcawl, Brum, up north places i dont know the names of.

probs about an hour maybe a bit more, nice short punchy sections though to keep you interested.

£10 maybe £15? depends how good it looks to be fair.

locations/spots that haven't been used a hundred times. so not porthcawl (unless rocks), bristol (unless you're going to venture far and wide), not london, not reading. infact don't put in a single line or location that has been done or used already - that'd be ace

imaginative camera angles

no gap drops off a roof onto some grass PLEASE

and no plain sidehops or taps up a vertical wall unless they're part of something else in a line

i'd enjoy that :shifty:

jack meek.

porter

wheeler

goddard

mackaskil

watson

ben travis

shrewsbury

andy p.

Reading, London, Porthcawl, Brum, up north places i dont know the names of.

probs about an hour maybe a bit more, nice short punchy sections though to keep you interested.

£10 maybe £15? depends how good it looks to be fair.

+portsmouth

and no plain sidehops or taps up a vertical wall unless they're part of something else in a line

yes yes yes

EDIT: i would want tra and the cousts init too, on street of course

Edited by ash-kennard

To give you a few of my ideas:

- I want to avoid any other riders in each shot, I hate videos where there are other people ruining a shot

- All attractive locations

- All riders must wear a helmet, to promote safety in the sport

- No one move wonders

- all flowing camera angles, avoiding static camera unless effective

- nice music that suits the riding, no silly heavy rock just cos the editor likes that shot...

- ... other things we come up with

I want this to be THE best trials video ever!!

It's going to be exciting

Seb

- I want to avoid any other riders in each shot, I hate videos where there are other people ruining a shot

I 100% agree! Even a bag etc in the background ruins it for me.

What you need to do (i'm sure you know) is avoid group rides and have arranged, dedicated sessions with a couple of riders. On the Macneil san to van video they had a quota of 10 clips per day for the video they HAD to get. Something like that could be good, but obviously a higher amount.

Sounds good dude

Sounds awesome. If it was something like a trials version of the NWD freeride films it would kick ass. Like, as in a lot of it being especially filmed for the video, not just tagging along on rides with a camera. Actually arranging to meet up with the riders for a video shoot. Also I love the style of music on those videos, and the intros, and just the whole style of them. Definitely worth checking out if you haven't already.

locations/spots that haven't been used a hundred times. so not porthcawl (unless rocks), bristol (unless you're going to venture far and wide), not london, not reading. infact don't put in a single line or location that has been done or used already - that'd be ace

agreed - ish. the last part i agree strongly - but the first part - i dont mind if you use the same places - its always nice to see somewhere familiar, but only if they are used in a new way.

Good luck filming any street with the crane and not getting busted.

agreed - ish. the last part i agree strongly - but the first part - i dont mind if you use the same places - its always nice to see somewhere familiar, but only if they are used in a new way.

Good luck filming any street with the crane and not getting busted.

(Y)

one of my favorite biking vids is shook - it's on

main feature around 30 mins long - with decent extras!

It would be ace if you could get Ashton amd or Akkers

come up to Leeds and film Lewis...

Id like to see a mix of everything, street, natty, technical, big. And as far as riders go, alic, danny mccaskil, damon watson, neil tunnicliff and many more lol I would probs pay 15 squids for it and would like it last hour +

Edited by andy h

Riders? - Damon Watson | Neil Tunnicliffe | Craig Lee Scott | Danny mccaskil | Rowan Jones | Tarty Bikes Team | Select Bikes Team | Coustellier Brothers |.

Locations? - Nottingham | Bristol | London | Reading | Portsmouth | Birmingham | Leicester | Stoke On Trent | Cleethorpes | Coventry | Leeds | Oxford | newquay |.

Length? - 1 - 2 Hours

Price? - I would be willing to spend £20.

Dan.............

Going off of some of Sebs previous creations, trials videos and websites, Ive no doubt this would be one of the most viewable trials dvd's theres been. I get what your saying with no people/bags in backgrounds, and avoiding large group rides, as it will make the dvd better to watch.

As for riders, of course it'd be good to see the usuall top guys in new and different locations trying unseen lines, but maybe some of the lesser known riders too with their unique styles could be quite good, blending the different styles and ways of riding.

I know for a fact theres locations that nobodies covered in videos before. Leicester is quite an unseen gem :D .

The main thing for me would be variety. I think get 1 was very good, the range of locations and riders was great, however a lot of it was just the usual tap,gap,sidehop type stuff. Which after an hour or so kind of loses its initial appeal.

Definately get some riders from far and wide, try and convince TRA or the cousts to come over, or you go over and see them. That would be an awesome addition to the DVD.

Yeah, for riders:

Chris Akrigg (how am I the first to mention him!)

Danny Mac

Ali C

TRA

Tunni

Tim Pratt

Shrewsberry

The Cousts

And a decent number of smaller up and coming guys.

I'd pay about 15, and 45-75mins ish maybe with some good extras.

It think that Mr Fred should be in it. Thats if hes still riding these days amongst all his uni work.

Edit; also Dan Jones. He has some of the most original lines I have ever seen.

Edited by kcchan

It think that Mr Fred should be in it. Thats if hes still riding these days amongst all his uni work.

Edit; also Dan Jones. He has some of the most original lines I have ever seen.

haha bumming fred now you have a 26 king, tut tut.

just kidding.

id never hear the end of it if he was in a dvd!

haha bumming fred now you have a small number of parts required to build a 26 king, tut tut.

just kidding.

id never hear the end of it if he was in a dvd!

I was sooo bored today I was just going through all of my vids and they both made me really want to ride.

Drop in TV format, just trials style. So different styles of the sport, tbf big gaps and lots of street (street style) will probaly work best for the majour content. Obviously have clips from TGS's and Natural, but that will get pretty boring pretty quick to most non-trials riders (if your not trying to attract other audiences please ignore that last comment).

Maybe even get some "fun" clips of people riding a downhill course on a trials bike, jumps, even skate parks? I know there are people on here that can do all of these things, I personally havnt seen it done on a vid though and I reckon it would be a laugh to watch.

Just Ideas

willy