hugh_b

What forks are they? Urbans? I've never seen a fork crack there before (well, only sus-forks snap off at the dropout) Guess it was a manufacturing defect. Dodgy weld or something. My freeride bike cracked in a really weird place and when my college teacher saw a picture of it he just instantly said the weld penetration didnt seem deep enough. And sure as hell, when I looked at it even I could see it was a shite weld. Can't tell in that place though because the weld beeds been smoothed off.

What forks are they? Urbans? I've never seen a fork crack there before (well, only sus-forks snap off at the dropout) Guess it was a manufacturing defect. Dodgy weld or something. My freeride bike cracked in a really weird place and when my college teacher saw a picture of it he just instantly said the weld penetration didnt seem deep enough. And sure as hell, when I looked at it even I could see it was a shite weld. Can't tell in that place though because the weld beeds been smoothed off.

I have never seen a crack like that before either.

If it is a crack which it does look like, it's likely you can claim some new forks under warrenty if they are under 6months old.

Phil.

what! if you want to find out just scratch it down with sand paper, does it flex? ive never seen forks snap/crack in that place before.

go and do some hard hitting front taps, if it gets longer then its a crack. job done

whas the point in sending back if your not 100% certain its a crack?

Tim.

what! if you want to find out just scratch it down with sand paper, does it flex? ive never seen forks snap/crack in that place before.

go and do some hard hitting front taps, if it gets longer then its a crack. job done

whas the point in sending back if your not 100% certain its a crack?

Tim.

you can see the edge of the weld they have ground down and this runs along the edge, ive cracked frames and forks in the past and they looked just like this. I'm not riding it as i dont want to void any warranty. I'll send them back and therefore i will have a professionals descision, i'm sure it's just a one off dodgy set. case closed. cheers-Hugh

why would it void the warrenty taking off laquer?

i didnt say it deffo would but i know what bike companys are like and i know they can nit pick. All i want is another set of forks, which by law i'm entitled to. Much easier if i just leave it to the dealer. cheers-Hugh