Ebay Scam?

eskimo

As a few of you may read that i was severly peeved off with royal mail for loosing a wheel. The £32 insurance wasn't enough to cover both me and the buyer so i came out on bottom.

Anyhow i have seen a wheel on ebay from the exact same person who bought my wheel. It's a different rim but on the same hub. (my hub) I'm almost 100% it is my hub.

The seller has also changed his name on ebay to another name. For what reason i don't know. His other feedback was 100% still. I asked him for more pics which he sent. They came from the same address that was claimed on. Now i have asked if the axle was cut down (trying to be sly) but no reply yet..? Maybe he twigged it was me and isn't going to bother replying.

So any ideas on what to do? I know i don't stand on a very good foot here but it sucks that it is another rider whos screwed me over.

Shame really as there are still some black listed traders on here.

Tell him he's a stupid cock.

Trying to sell from the same address, after saying he never recieved it. Just let him know that unfortunately for him you now know where he lives and that you have proof it is your hub he is selling. Also add that you will inform the police and he can expect a visist in the near future.

Although you havn't got evidence it's yours (I'm guessing here) it may be enough to scare him into refunding you.

Edit: if you have got proof then do go to the police for real.

Edited by ReverendJQ

Tell him he's a stupid cock.

Trying to sell from the same address, after saying he never recieved it. Just let him know that unfortunately for him you now know where he lives and that you have proof it is your hub he is selling. Also add that you will inform the police and he can expect a visist in the near future.

Although you havn't got evidence it's yours (I'm guessing here) it may be enough to scare him into refunding you.

Edit: if you have got proof then do go to the police for real.

Pretty much exactly what i'd say too.

I haven't really any hard proof. It's more one of those things of i know it's my hub because of certain features.

Also here's a question for you, would royal mail still insure me (which they did) but the item still arrive with him? It seems a little odd. Maybe the wheel could of got lost in postage for a month or something? Plus it wasn't recorded.

I haven't really any hard proof. It's more one of those things of i know it's my hub because of certain features.

Also here's a question for you, would royal mail still insure me (which they did) but the item still arrive with him? It seems a little odd. Maybe the wheel could of got lost in postage for a month or something? Plus it wasn't recorded.

Unless it's recorded or whatever, Royal Mail have no way of knowing whether it got there or not.

how much was the wheel worth?

unless it was like a titanium chris king on a solid gold rim then i would just let it go.

shit happens, you will get ripped off at some point in your life, you gotta ask yourself whether it's worth the effort of chasing, or if you're willing to just let it go and accept you got duped.

it doesn't change the fact the guy is a cock, but to be honest there are more important things in life worth worrying about in my opinion.

how much was the wheel worth?

unless it was like a titanium chris king on a solid gold rim then i would just let it go.

shit happens, you will get ripped off at some point in your life, you gotta ask yourself whether it's worth the effort of chasing, or if you're willing to just let it go and accept you got duped.

it doesn't change the fact the guy is a cock, but to be honest there are more important things in life worth worrying about in my opinion.

I dont agree with you its, i would see it as he robbed me and thats not right and he shouldn't get away with it, why should i just leave it when he has took something that was mine in affect really. Thats just how i see it.

I dont agree with you its, i would see it as he robbed me and thats not right and he shouldn't get away with it, why should i just leave it when he has took something that was mine in affect really. Thats just how i see it.

that's fair enough,

people's priorities are different i guess, that's all.

the way i see it is, you are going to come across worse things in life than someone stealing your bike wheel, of course if that's the most important thing in someones life at the moment, then i 100% agree they should do whatever they feel they have to do to get even.

Enjoy this 10 page thread about the very same guy doing over a shitload of other people: click. Towards the end it's got a lot of useful info about how to take him to the small claims court, which some people are already doing. Just make sure you've got enough proof so that you won't lose...

Either way, suckage. Is he on here?

Enjoy this 10 page thread about the very same guy doing over a shitload of other people: click. Towards the end it's got a lot of useful info about how to take him to the small claims court, which some people are already doing. Just make sure you've got enough proof so that you won't lose...

Either way, suckage. Is he on here?

Mark, it's the same guy in that thread, tombmx666. What a c**t.

Yeah, some of the replies from his friends who asked him about it all later on in the thread make good reading...

As soon as I saw "Bexhill", I remembered that thread and knew it'd be the same guy. They're pretty much all shady as f**k there by the looks of things, guys from Bexhill have scammed a fair few people on Bikeguide.

Yeah, some of the replies from his friends who asked him about it all later on in the thread make good reading...

As soon as I saw "Bexhill", I remembered that thread and knew it'd be the same guy. They're pretty much all shady as f**k there by the looks of things, guys from Bexhill have scammed a fair few people on Bikeguide.

Now lets not judge people just from where they are from, just because most people from a certain place are scum doesn't mean they all are. But anyone buying or selling with somone from Bexhill, don't. Just to be on the safe side.