Too Hot To Ride

mods

surely thats for long distance xc though, all we do is walk to a spot, get on the back wheel, jump abit, then go to a shop to eat and move to the next spot. its not really that enduring

Stop being a little bitch and ride properly then?

Ride in the shade

Drink Water

Take Ice

Chill out when you get too hot

Its just common sense, if you get to hot, stop for 10 minutes, cool down, rince cycle.

Ride with light coloured clothing? black clothes attracts alot of heat from the sun and dammmm can it make a big difference lol. So yeah white clothes definitly does help a bit so get your mum to give you white whites with Ariel :turned:

Got to say this though, you lot think its hot here, try going to singapore or Hong Kong (when i went 2 weeks ago) during may to august. Temperatures get up to 40 celcius and 90% humidity and i found it impossible to even walk out in the streets, i had to stick to shopping malls. It really is stupidly hot out there.

JK

when racing moto cross i used to have a gallon of water with 5 dissolvable aspirin in to sip from.the water hydrates you,and the aspirin thins the blood making the boody run cooler,and if you ask most of the top riders at british champs etc,most of them do the same,although for trials,youd probably want 1 aspirin for every 3-4 litres.

Carl

I used to do that when i was sailing, except it was a mixture of asprin, sweeteners and water, worked really well also it makes it really easy to get pissed when your done. :lol:

does no one else get thirsty from eating ice cream I do which is bad on a hot day.

The ultimate way to cool down, get a friend whos got a jet bike to take you out. the cool air and spray from the water is great.

I have a bit of a quote from one of my mates from a couple of years ago when I used to ride jumps all the time.

This was when someone else kept complaining about everything and refusing to ride:

Get a sack, magically grow some balls, and ride YOUR f**kING BIKE!!!

Reading it now, it doesn't seem that funny, but it was when he was yelling it at him at the time, with all the shitty dog walkers giving us dirty looks.

Don't know why that came into my head on seeing that this topic is still running, but anyway, its raining 24/7 now AND ITS ALL YOUR FAULT!

"Its too hot and sunny and dry, the riding conditions are perfect, my brakes work really well and there's loads of grip and everything but I get all sweaty".

Well what do you want? Sunny and dry or cold and wet. mmmmm. Well done, you have now cursed us into the rain and the dark for another british summer. My hat lifts to you sir.

:blink:

i think that happens to lots of people who are esctacy as well, back on topic though, yea decent clothing and lots of water sounds like a gd solution to me, plus i might want to get myself a bit fitter, i get knackered a lot quicker in the heat.

Yer, I think it's also what happened to Leah Betts. We got told about her in P.S.E

Some of these tips are really helpful, I always get the shakes and get well tired. I might get a camelbak from work or a scott one.

Supposed to drink 1ltr or water an hour when riding.

On that note, remember to wear a few nappys. :)

I have to ride with a pad on my thigh and in the summer I can get a bit dripping wet, and no not because the ice cream man is hot. <_<

Isotonic drinks are better, wear white if anything at all you horney lot, and if you need to wear gloves I usualy end up washing my gloves a lot in the summer as sludgy sweaty dirty gloves are not good to ride in.

Phil.

Also. If anybody is interested..

Asda are selling "hydro packs" basically the same as "camel packs" without the name, in selected stores, 1.5L are; £11... and the 2.0L are £13.. the 2.0L packs have a lot more pockets and space in them and the extra £2 odd is well worth it.

They have loads in the Asda in Aintree, Liverpool so I suppose you could always get them to send one to your local store if they don't sell them.

Phil.