Got New Wheel

shansen

Ok, so i picked up my new wheel from the shop to day and its mint nice but i don't think they've used straight gage spokes how much weaker will this make my wheel as i have coloured nipples as well :S?

DSC00036.jpg

Thanks

Seb (Y)

If they're thicker at each end and go thinner in the middle then they're double butted. Quote from tartybikes - Double Butted spokes build more durable wheels than cheaper plain gauge. Why? The spokes can flex in the centre, rather than transferring the load to the head, which is where spokes are more prone to breaking - Butting also makes the spokes lighter. Pretty much all higher spec wheels are built with double butted spokes :)

i wouldnt worry about the spoke but the build looks abit pants as i can see from the picture that one of the spokes inst tensioned verywell but it should be fine (Y) . try learning to build your own wheels though its loadsa fun and u know how much they were tensioned.

Thanks guys emm they are think at the hub end and go thinner to wards the end where the nipple is...

i wouldnt worry about the spoke but the build looks abit pants as i can see from the picture that one of the spokes inst tensioned verywell but it should be fine (Y) . try learning to build your own wheels though its loadsa fun and u know how much they were tensioned.

all the spokes are really tight its a nice build.