Does My Mono Trial Need A Bleed?

Mr Plod

Alright guys... Basically I'm running a Mono Trial (06 I think?) up front and its not as bitey and powerful as I'd like it to be... When I pull the lever i have to pull it about halfway into the bar before I start to notice the bite and hold... I like my brakes to have instant bite and lock... When I pull the lever it also gives a creaky sound? Any ideas?

I've had several disc brakes before; Hope Mono Mini, Avid BB7, Hayes HFX-9 and now my Mono Trial and they've never given the lock or performance I've liked? I tried Nick Dales old BB7 and that was unreal! Locked and held instantly and was so powerful but I've never had that and it sucks!

So yeah a little help as to how I can make my brake awesome. Thanks

P.S... Pads and rotor are near enough new and not contaminated and bed in as well as they can be...

Have you tried adjusting the adjuster in the lever? And check that both your pistons are working, I think the older mono trials had problems with sticky pistons.

Calipers haven't changed have they?

I stripped and rebuilt my front as thoroughly as I could, I left the rear along as it was too mint too mess up.