Ebtc Trial Sunday 11 May

Round 3 of the EBTC championship this Sunday at Barrow Farm Chelmsford, Essex. If you havent already sent your form in and want to ride then give me a ring on 01702 559137.

For those of you who dont already know, Barrow Farm is used by a charity who gives the opportunity of riding horses to the disabled and the proceeds from this event are given to the charity so come on guys give them your support.

There will be two laps of 10 sections including three manmade, riding over landrovers/cotton reels/pallets/pipes etc!! Brand new log sections plus usual woodland sections - lots of work has been put into this event.

Its a great venue if you want family/friends to have a look at what we are about - even the weather looks as if its going to smile on us :rolleyes:

Hope to see you there

Dave Bradley

i arnt even a member yet this year dave, if a come down is it possble to join etc when i get there or even maybe on the web beforhand. i havent ridden an essex trial for a while and i used to really enjoy them so might give it a go.

rob

i arnt even a member yet this year dave, if a come down is it possble to join etc when i get there or even maybe on the web beforhand. i havent ridden an essex trial for a while and i used to really enjoy them so might give it a go.

rob

Nice to hear from you again Rob - always welcome at EBTC - we'll sort it on the day - put you down for the yellow route - that ok with you.

Dave B

Hello Dave, didnt think i would beable to attend this one but it turns out i can.

So could you put me down and i will bring my form on the day. Really looking forward to this one, nice and close to my house too :D

See you guys there

Im there, hopefully should be able to come on sat too to help set up.

For those that dont know this is maybe 1 of the best Essex trials held a LOT of work goes into setting up this comp so get your entries in its a great venue and will be even better in good weather.

Just something to point out Dave, not in a malicious way at all but just something to be noted, is that you've chosen a date which clashes with another event; the annual David 'DJ' Jones Memorial ride in Portsmouth. Although not an official event, this is probably the biggest group ride of the year and happens every year, on the weekend closest to the 14th of May when David was tragically killed in a traffic collision in 2004. The ride usually attracts around 100 riders from all over the country who come to ride and pay their tributes to DJ, so quite often I can imagine you'll lose out on some riders. Obivously nothing can be done this year, but for next year and the years after, might be something to consider putting in to the offical calender so as a clash doesn't happen again. Jon Chubb (Username: Stuntsbyjon) is the organiser of the Portsmouth ride, theres also another one held in Abingdon in June, again annually although this years one has been a bit touch and go, organised by DJ's brother and dad (Username: Jonesy, I'm hungry...)

Hope you have a good trial nontheless, I've really got to try and get up for some of yours, everyone keeps banging on about how good they are!

Rich

Hello Dave, didnt think i would beable to attend this one but it turns out i can.

So could you put me down and i will bring my form on the day. Really looking forward to this one, nice and close to my house too :D

See you guys there

no probs - glad you can make it - wouldnt be the same without you

sounds good to me, does anyone have a post code or adress so i can find you?

thanks rob

Barrow Farm, Highwood Road, Chelmsford Essex CM1 3QR - entry form and details on our website - see you there - any probs give me a call

Dave

Just something to point out Dave, not in a malicious way at all but just something to be noted, is that you've chosen a date which clashes with another event; the annual David 'DJ' Jones Memorial ride in Portsmouth. Although not an official event, this is probably the biggest group ride of the year and happens every year, on the weekend closest to the 14th of May when David was tragically killed in a traffic collision in 2004. The ride usually attracts around 100 riders from all over the country who come to ride and pay their tributes to DJ, so quite often I can imagine you'll lose out on some riders. Obivously nothing can be done this year, but for next year and the years after, might be something to consider putting in to the offical calender so as a clash doesn't happen again. Jon Chubb (Username: Stuntsbyjon) is the organiser of the Portsmouth ride, theres also another one held in Abingdon in June, again annually although this years one has been a bit touch and go, organised by DJ's brother and dad (Username: Jonesy, I'm hungry...)

Hope you have a good trial nontheless, I've really got to try and get up for some of yours, everyone keeps banging on about how good they are!

Rich

Thanks for pointing this out to us but our trial at Barrow Farm takes place this weekend every year at the specific request of the landowner to commemorate his fathers death.

Hope you can get up to one of our trials sometime, weve got 2 more in Kent, one in Surrey and one more in Essex not including a demo in Brentwood on the 8 June

Dave B

think i'm a bit late to enter dave...no membership or acu!

can probably observe though (Y)

adam

Many thanks for the offer to observe, we are a couple down at the moment, but it will be no trouble for you to ride if you want to - we can sort on the day

See you there either way

Dave

Thanks for pointing this out to us but our trial at Barrow Farm takes place this weekend every year at the specific request of the landowner to commemorate his fathers death.

Hope you can get up to one of our trials sometime, weve got 2 more in Kent, one in Surrey and one more in Essex not including a demo in Brentwood on the 8 June

Dave B

Ah, point noted and taken. Hope I'll be able to make it up to some of the other ones.

Rich

Awsome event! This was one of my favourite Essex comps i have done in years, sections were very impressive and varied to give everyone a chance.

A massive thank you to everyone for this one but especially to the Mitchell family for hosting the event.

Brilliant day with brilliant weather

xxx