Mono Trial Service

Mowgli

First disconnect the caliper from the main hose and remove the pads and retention clip thingy, then you need to remove the bore cap. You could either buy the proper tool, or you could do what I did and filed down a flat piece of steel until it has round corners and can use two of the grooves to undo the cap. I put my "tool" in a vice and turned the caliper to get it off.

You should then see the back of the piston, simply push the back of it with something smooth and soft, like a piece of wood, until it plops out of the seal and into the space where the pads usually sit, then it should drop out of the gap the the pads load into the caliper though. Then, reach through the big hole with a pair of needle nosed pliers and gently pull the other piston out of it's recess, and drop it out of the caliper the same as before, the seals will be left in the caliper, and you can get them out with a small flat bladed screwdriver.

It's a year since I did it, but I'm pretty sure that's how I did it. My Dad helpfully had used an old Dot 5 bottle for putting 2 stroke in, so not knowing what Dot 5 looked like or how thick it was, I bled it with 2 stroke oil, so I had to strip the whole brake down and clean it out. Rather annoying.