Eno Freewheels Lockring

Andrew Willis

Oyrt boys (Y)

need some help regarding the eno freewheel again, ive managed to sort it but putting the lock ring on has proved hard, we took it to my local bike shop this morn and they said put it on hand tight (which weve done) and then put it back on to the bike and when you pedal it will tighten up.

Im not that convinced, opions, help !!!!

Thanks

The lockring and the crank/ENO interface are two completely different things?

The lockring has a reverse thread so it 'doesn't come loose when freewheeling' but the crank/ENO interface is a standard thread.

We're talking about lockrings here... Arn't we? The crank/ENO interface has nothing to do with it.

The lockring won't tighten as you pedal, infact the opposite if anything.

my opinion on this is to add some super glue to the lockring threads before you put it on. tighten it hand tight then use a hammer and something to fit in the hole and tighten it as much as you can, i have serviced mine this way 3 times and it has worked a treat every time no probs

Make sure you slide the outer teeth all the way over before you tighten it first. Otherwise you're just tightening it a bit which is pretty useless

If its still coming loose get a new lockring, and if its STILL coming loose get a new body.