New Rims..

Ben-jamin'

Hey everyone.. I need a little advice.

I've just destroyed my Meta rim and am looking for a new rear rim. I'm really leaning towards the Trialtech undrilled stock rim at the moment, but something doesn't seem right.. The rim is super light, and super strong.. but it's really cheap for some reason.. The rim is only about $40 CDN which is only about 20 GBP and is almost $20 or 10 GBP cheaper than the drilled version of the rim which isn't even too much lighter.. I was wondering if anyone has had any problems with the rim at all and that's why it's so cheap?

thanks a lot,

Ben

There not light? There one of the heaviest rims out at the moment, personally i love my Echo SL rim, nice and light and still strong.. my local Chris Ward has one too and hes a big rider and his is still holding up perfect! They also hold grinds nicely..

There about 700g or somthing rediculous, very heavy.. 1019g for a full complete rear trialtech wheel (undrilled rim with unsealed hub) and the hub weighs in at about 270-300g with bolts and spacers.

Saying that, i forgot to add the spokes but the echo urban weighs in at 530g.. so i guess the rims around 600g or so?

Edited by Sam F

get the onza 128 rear if you can afford it. Best rim I have ever used hands down. They are almost as light as sl rims but incredibly strong. I find lots of little holes to be dramatically stronger than a couple big ones. The rims are rock solid.

Edited by sayshell

get the onza 128 rear if you can afford it. Best rim I have ever used hands down. They are almost as light as sl rims but incredibly strong. I find lots of little holes to be dramatically stronger than a couple big ones. The rims are rock solid.

Thanks man, I'll look into it. Thing is, I can't find them at any of the North American trials shops haha, and shipping from over seas is insane..