Lack Of Break Power.

Theo

Hi there.

I had a bleed recently that was pretty bad, so I have been relying on the TPA until I can get another or get my own bleed kit. I have noticed now, that when i put the TPA right back down that the pads hardly respond to the lever being moved.

is this just the bleed or have i broken something?...again!

also the tpa jamms sometimes so I have taken the lever off to leesen it up a bit, just incase that has effected anything.

Thanks.

Theo

Hi there.

I had a bleed recently that was pretty bad, so I have been relying on the TPA until I can get another or get my own bleed kit. I have noticed now, that when i put the TPA right back down that the pads hardly respond to the lever being moved.

is this just the bleed or have i broken something?...again!

also the tpa jamms sometimes so I have taken the lever off to leesen it up a bit, just incase that has effected anything.

Thanks.

Theo

yep could possibly be the bleed. it could also be lazy brake cylinder piston, in that case lube them up with stuff like silicon lube to get more movement.

problem solved hopefully.

Edited by trials owns

Yeah the Slave Cylinder tend to get abit cloged up with dirt so clean round them ( Pull them out first ). Take the leaver blade off, then the piston and spring out give the piston and spring a good clean and the brake leaver body where the piston and spring came out of. When you bleed it make sure the tpa is off.