Going Abroad

Chris Elson

Hi,

Iv been abroad a couple of times before to ride and have completey forgot what type of travel insurance i used. My mum is going completely mad about me having actuall "trials" cover over there. I am going to spain in a week and found out that the barclays travel insurance i have wont cover me for mountain biking (extreme sports) iv been online and found some companys that will cover me for "mountain biking" but i spoke to someone who told me that i wouldnt be covered under mountain biking. Im not sure if the person i spoke to didnt have a clue what trials is, but im pretty sure that it comes under mountain biking... i cant seem to just find "trials biking" travel insurance.

Anyone can help be much appreciated :)

Chris

I'm not sure if they'll cover you for Spain, but each time I've gone to France with the DH bike I've used Snowcard Insurance. They covered you for any personal injury while out the country, including any sustained through riding, and they will also cover your bike for any theft or loss.

[edit]

I've just checked, they cover 'Europe' rather than indivudual countries so you'll be covered for spain.

Edited by Gibbon on an Orange 2

http://www.dogtag.co.uk/

I have used dogtag 4 times now, both for snowboarding and DH Mountain Biking.

Here is the list of sports they cover (Certain sports require you to pay a higher premium and get 'Sport Plus' or 'Extreme' cover)

I have never had to make a claim through them but have read positive stuff online from people that have.

A friend has used http://www.snowcard.co.uk/ and has had to claim after breaking his finger riding DH in the Alps, he had no problems claiming and was very happy with their service.

• 2 weeks later...

A friend has used http://www.snowcard.co.uk/ and has had to claim after breaking his finger riding DH in the Alps, he had no problems claiming and was very happy with their service.

I had to claim through them my first year out there after a hefty off. They didn't even question the accident, all they wanted was a photocopy of the receipts from the medical centre and they sorted it all out in a jiffy. I can't fault them at all.

If in doubt, pop them an email. I would think since it's not specifically covered in any of the plans that maybe 'Multi-Sport Bike and Climbing' might cover enough to sort you out.

I cant speak as having done it, but isnt trials a type of mountainbiking, so aslong as its not covering you specificly for DH MBT or anything, should you not be ok? Maybe you could ring up one of the companies and explain what trials is etc.