Hub 32H In A Rim 28H..

G_!

hi,

this is probably a stupid question but...

i'll receive a front rock rim in a few days...not sure if that will be 28h or 32h...the hubs i have are 32H and i don't have money to buy a 28h hub...if the rim is 28h, can i mount it with a 32h hub? thanks

hi,

this is probably a stupid question but...

i'll receive a front rock rim in a few days...not sure if that will be 28h or 32h...the hubs i have are 32H and i don't have money to buy a 28h hub...if the rim is 28h, can i mount it with a 32h hub? thanks

well yes if you miss out the spoke at 12,3,6,9 o'clock but its bound to crack in on of those spots pretty quickly

I have tried it and it didn't work because if you leave a spoke out then the spacing on the hub flange will have a gap and the next spoke will have to be longer in length to reach the rim. You would need about 4 different lengths of spokes to make that work. I know it sounds confusing but think hard about what I wrote it does make sense but I can't really explain it any better. It might be possible, but unless you know some special way of lacing you won't be able to lace it with a standard 3 or 4 cross pattern.

Edited by sayshell