Disc Problems

piperfraz

I was running an Onza front disc until recently when I bought an avid bb5 second hand. Set it up the other day and had first proper ride with it today. It was rubbing like hell so I took it to a local bike shop. The guy looked at it for a while and then told me the forks had the disc mount really far out, and that I'd need to get them faced.

It's not that I don't trust them, but I don't understand how I didn't have this issue before? I've had the same forks (echo team 07) the whole time....

If anyone can shed any light it wold be great!

i have only fitted discs to two 20" trials bikes so far. and i have seen

a set or 09 echo forks with mounts out of line.

and also my onza master rear disc mounts were out of line

luckily one of the sets of discs were avids so there were no problems just use the adjustable washers to line them up.

as for my hope trial zone brakes, i have filed the is to post mount adaptor to line the brake up, put longer bolts on and fit avid washers to the back of the bolt to line it up. i will get u a picture, it shows its a hell of a lot out of line. really quite dissapointing as i havent seen one this bad on both the onza and echo. in ten years as a bike mechanic.