Bt Raven - Planet-x Tibo

Mr Motivator

BT 5.0 or Alibongo (Tibo)  

53 members have voted

1. 1. BT 5.0 or Alibongo (Tibo)

• BT Raven 5.0
    • Planet-X Alibongo (Tibo)

Course you'll be able to do street moves.

I'm 5ft8" and on my coust I could pull into manuals and stuff with my 120mm by 5 degrees stem.. Just choose a wee bit shorter stem and you'll be fine.

BT is more suited towards pure stuff though, so if you're more into street and streetier moves, go for the Tibo or whatever, 'cos it'll work better.

You can ride very streety on the BT though, but not with the same finesse.

get the alibongo, you are tall, but so am i :P

like i said earlier, the alibongo will feel long compared to the zebdi, but once used to it you will still be able to pull of the old 720 gaps etc :closedeyes:  have fun doing them on a raven 5 :P"

im ordering a white bt raven on monday :P

il be able to do them just need to practice wont i :P

and in the end its only 6cms longer than my mod, i mean zebdi

Edited by Sam@SouthTrials.tk

Do not get white! It looks horrible! Sorry, just personal opinion. Get lightning, its the nutts! They ride lovely and I ride alot of street and its lovely for it! I used to have a Echo ES4R which was 1035 and very street! Moving from that to the BT is a real difference but i've deffinatly made the right choice!

Here it is, probably seen it but oh well.

gallery_4006_441_1096552170.jpg

Cheers Rob :closedeyes: :P

I would definatly get the PX. I had a BT at one point and it takes the fun out of just riding around, doing stuff like spins, bunnyhops and just messing around on the BT was imensly harder and had no real flow or style. It was kinda just hop hop hop. Short bikes are far superior in my opinion for having fun on and yet you can do still do the hop hop kinda stuff if you want to. Get the PX.

Edited by T-rex rider

I'm not sure you'll still read this, if you've made a clear decision but people should know. BT Raven's are not 'too' long for the vast majority of riders. People should realise its your style of riding (and by that i don't mean popping manuals etc..) I mean the way in which you appoach obstacles. This means that from the heights of about 5'6ft to 6ft + the wheelbase would be perfect if like I said, you approach obstacles and certain moves in a French-UCI-Badboy styleeee.

Anyway...I'm 5'7-8ft and I find the BT easy to manual :D. Having spoken to Rav in much detail about future models it appears things aren't going to change and hopefully get a bit longer. :D

Another thing to bear in mind for anyone who still thinks that the length will just be too much, is when you do get used to it, the potential for larger moves is obvious immediatly :D (Hooks, bumps sidehops)

By the way...What I've said applies to all long bikes...I'm not just trying to be a hardcore salesman :D Although BT's are the only ones with 375 chainstays, unless you want to pay all the money for an 05' Pitbull.

I'm done here... :D