Hmm Frame Re-spraying

Nick Dale

Hey im thinking about re-spraying my onza T-Pro 04 but wasn't sure about the anodizing (SP?) will i need to strip it right down or could i just spray on top of the frame? and also what colour would you recomend note i have gold bars and rear rim :rolleyes:

Nick..

dont spray it gold for the love of god! spray it black. nice and original and will contrast nicely with the gold

LMAO!! im no chav (Y) i do have some sense :- i was thinking black but still the question sits as: Would it be ok to just spray over the top of the anodizing and how many coats of what would i need :rolleyes:

I sprayed my t-pro white.

You can't get the andonizing off at home so i just roughed the surface up (sanded it down until it was dull) then washed it and dryed it.

That was my prep stage, then i sprayed a few coats of metal primer, and let that dry.

Then i sprayed it my colour (white) and kept it in a warm place after everycoat (it helps the paint dry harder).

Then i covered the lot in loads of clear acrylic (laquer) and let that dry.

The laquer is the most important bit, it help set a clear, tough protective layer over the whole thing. (Y)

I did my x-alp forks using the same process and they are fine too. :-

EDIT: HANDY HINT - take your time. I know its tempting to rush and do an extra coat after 30mins or whatever but in the long run you'll regret it. The longer you take, the longer the paint will last :rolleyes:

Edited by RicH_87

Spray straght over the top (Y) will be fine! also put plenty of WHITE primer on..as the colour will stand out loads better...Put a LOT of layers of paint on aswell, as they scratch easy! Hope this helps..

Just clean the frame VERY well and get rid of all the grame etc...clean the scratchs aswell...

Scotty :rolleyes: