Bottom Brackets

hopper

Hey, ive just ordered a T-Rex and wanted to know what bottom brackets you all run?

On Tarty bikes it says recommended BB size is 73x128mm and i only have a 68x118mm will this work atall with a 22T chain ring?

If not does anybody know where i can get a cheap one (like under £20) the right size?

Also its square taper i need.

jase.

it wont work as the shell sizes are different, you need a 73 for the t rex, the 68 shell is too small and wont fit.

im struggling to find words to explain lol, god knows why

Fair enough, i will get 73 shell but im struggling to find one 128mm long the cheap shimano ones which is all i need really only go up to 122.5mm

Err, flying in the face of popular opinion here, but I've not long replaced my '05 T-Rex's BB with a 68mm x 122.5mm sized UN53. They are only about £18.00 or so.

That said, maybe it's only because the inside edge of my cranks are narrow enough to get away with it - and in truth I probably could do with a slightly wider platform.

I took out a 73mm BB that was ~128mm wide (but only because I killed it, or maybe it died of natural casuses, I dunno).

Ideally a 127.5 (taper) or 128 (isis) in 68 shell would be the best solution. However, some isis bb's only come in 73mm shell width now, so they are sold with an accompanying spacer to make them fit 68 shell frames like the rex just fine.

If you get get yourself a 127.5mm 68 shell Shimano you've hit the nail on the head in the taper market! :blink: