180s To Backwards Manuals?

rich4130

Hey, by that I mean, when you 180, stay on the back wheel and kinda roll into fakie.

In TM1 Tim Pratt section, 1.30ish, and Steve-as vid, about the same time..

I've been trying these this evening, and i'm getting a bit confused, i assume you need to go straight into fakie? I'm struggling to get them, silly I know, any tips for them?

I take it you stay off the brake?

cheers, im confued hehe

rich

You need to be able to pull snappy 180's out of the bag first... not one of these sloppy trials-rider 180's. You also need to know how to roll in fakie on both wheels, preferably at a fair speed so you're used to the motion. Once you got them down to a T practise staying on the backwheel after the 180, as opposed to flopping it all down and rolling fakie on both wheels.

Then it's just a case of 2 + 2. Snap a 180 and stay on the rear. Like the guy said above, you could always use the chain tension or whatever it is to keep upright, but you should eventually learn to do it without. Because of the momentum from the original 180, you'll be sort of spinning out of the fakie as well, so you needn't worry about turning or anything, it'll just happen for you.

And yea, no brakes.

All comes down to practise at the end of the day, just like every other thing.