Bleeding Maguras With Water, And Olvies

OnzaNewbie

I've tryed to search this, but didnt find anyhing useful and I'm a bit stuck! :">

First off, do i need a brass olvie in my lever? because i have just split my hose very near to my lever and only have a normal ovlie.

Secondly I have got to bleeding my maggie, and done what some off the search topics say and my mates but the water doesn't seem to be going round the magura, is there something im doing wrong? can someone please tell me step by step of what to do?

Thanks

Marc :blink:

I've tryed to search this, but didnt find anyhing useful and I'm a bit stuck!  :">

First off, do i need a brass olvie in my lever? because i have just split my hose very near to my lever and only have a normal ovlie.

Nah, you can use a black one too. As long as it's a magura one :blink:

Secondly I have got to bleeding my maggie, and done what some off the search topics say and my mates but the water doesn't seem to be going round the magura, is there something im doing wrong? can someone please tell me step by step of what to do?

There are plenty of instructions around, search on Google or whatever. Maybe check the FAQ too.

connect a cycle pump to one of those clear tubes you get with the magura bleed kit. then connect it to the magura, and start pumping. oil will shoot out of the other end of the system (if you removed both bleed bolts of course, as usual) and pump a fair bit until you can see no spray of oil. connecting it to air lines at a workshop is even better, and pretty fun too!

then just bleed through it a few times and lots of crap will come out of the other end. then fill her up as usual.