Braided Crossover For Magura

picki

Right i bought a braided hose from goodridge but as ive found out it only comes with the scanky lever to caliper parts.

what further bits do i need to get a crossover sorted?

ive nover used a crossover maggy before, always had a splitter, so im not sure what bits i'll need.

also when ive had a lookie round here, people seem to think that the smaller bore hole will make the lever feel a bit more sluggish?

is there anything i can use to thin out royal blood to make the lever feel a bit quicker?

other than that, looks like its bath time for the barstool :(

cheers

Picki

hey man you only need a couple of olives,and use the threaded nut things from your old crossover bit.

some people seem to bleed thier maggies withwater and others with wd 40 mabey have a look into that?

WD40 would lubricate the maggy and therefore keep it all nice and fast, the water is MUCH better than royal blood, its rapid (just bled mine iwth water from royal blood last night) but theres one downfall, it can make your calipers slow after about 5 months, but all you need to do then is bleed it was royal blood (or cooking oil [Maybe VERY VERY VERY slow]) and ide it for about 1 week, then re-bleed iwth water again :(

yeah thats the thing...you aint supposed to use the standard maggy fittings.

the goodridge/hope ones screw into the plaggy hose in the middle so secure it properly.

cheers for the replies....might have to pinch a can of good ol gt85.

picki

theres one downfall, it can make your calipers slow after about 5 months, but all you need to do then is bleed it was royal blood (or cooking oil [Maybe VERY VERY VERY slow]) and ide it for about 1 week, then re-bleed iwth water again :(

Umm no chav (Y) :) boy, that will succeed in killing it.

You need to flush all the maggy fluid out, what I do is take the mag to bits and clean everything with WD40, then water bleed.

Edited by rich4130

Its all sorted, bike in on the road! woo hooo.

piston return is a little slower but all well.

has to use rome random goodridge connectors and do it that way.

bled is with stendec fluid and not blood....not sure how they compare in viscosity <--blatent spelling mistake

all good

Its all sorted, bike in on the road! woo hooo.

piston return is a little slower but all well.

has to use rome random goodridge connectors and do it that way.

bled is with stendec fluid and not blood....not sure how they compare in viscosity <--blatent spelling mistake

all good

Nope viscosity is right, it blatant though :bunny:

Joe