Avid Arch Rival

Bionic Balls

tis the one with the "booster look-alike" built in (v-brake..)...which is part of the parallel push thang (so the pad hits squarely).

thing is..the boostery bit is all floppy (IE: lots of play back and forth) which i think is the reason for the unbelievably loud squeak of my front brake. Time's up- i'v had enough and my ears hurt.

It is a few years old...but can I tighten it up? I almost want to put a spacer in there but i can't get it apart enough to put it where I want it...you need to see one really..

is it fixable?

cheers,

adam

edit: ooo sorry...apparently there is a 2mm allen bolt in the depths of the arch which tightens it :$ ....suppose i need to look harder! Seems that avid is now part of sram if anyone else has trouble finding the avid website....

Edited by ad101

I doubt it is the acrh bit making it squeak, a brake squeaks because the pads are vibrating, try putting copper grease on the brake mounts and the washers behind your pads + make sure all the bolts are tight. On my xt vbrake the linkages for the parallel push are real loose but they dont squeak