Mod Bikes.

Johno85

Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening All,

Today while at work, I had I few thoughts about Mods. Now I know that they have small 20"/19" rims and no seat post/or a little one. But I kept thinking of was are they they training bikes? or something to start out on?

You know, there's the stock bike, which is like a normal bike, only way lighter, no seat, rised stem and handlebars, that come with 26" rims or in some cases 24".

Or course there's a difference, but I do ponder about every now and then about it.

And there is personal preference of course of riding a mob or a stock, but i just wonder if a few people could shred some light on this.

Thanky. :D

Their not 'training bikes' their still normal bikes, just smaller, not everyone is comfortable with a stock bike, for those bigger people they usually start out on a stock bike, so no, mod bikes aren't just starting out bikes. Also, some stock bikes can also be fitted with a small seat too, not just mods.

It just depends on which type of bike your more comfortable with, usually it goes with how tall you are, so if your relatively short it would be a wise choice to pick a smaller bike (like a mod) and if your taller, a bigger bike (like a stock).

Simple.

Edited by Liamchai

main reason i picked mod is they seem stronger (look stronger)

look neater, no mech/mech hanger etc ( even though alot of 26" frames dont now)

the nice big fat tyre looks cool :P

they are easier to chuck about, although i find it a bit harder to gap on the mod for some reason

the nice big fat tyre looks cool :P

tyre is just as 'fat' on the 26" you just dont notice cos its also bigger (obviously)

but yea, mod, stock, 24" are all 'pro' bikes. none are specific beginers, there are begginer mods and stocks i.e. t-vee, t-bird, zoot, t-rex. all starter bikes, although the rex probly isnt the best exaple, but most well known so meh

i used to ride mod but did not like it because i did mountian bikein and liked 26 when on mod it did not feel right then went to stock and found it better and if you are taller stocks might be better but i no there is some tall riders which ride mod and shit hot so its what ever if you like big bikes go stock or little bikes go mod thats the way i see it.

hope that helped

jamie

i used to ride mod but did not like it because i did mountian bikein and liked 26 when on mod it did not feel right then went to stock and found it better and if you are taller stocks might be better but i no there is some tall riders which ride mod and shit hot so its what ever if you like big bikes go stock or little bikes go mod thats the way i see it.

hope that helped

jamie

You never used to ride mod.

I agree with most of the comments but it is definitely personal choice, i personally have only just started and have ridden a friends mod way to light for me i feel as it would brake *I'm a big lad* anyway yeah easiest thing is ride em!!! But no mods are not starters as they cam second infact they were created for the sole purpose of trials :D

im pretty sure mods were made for young kids to get ther balance on befor they rode motor trials , feel free to correct me if im wrong iv always been lead to belive this ,

mods were originaly made as practice bikes for people who rode moto trials, but it then developed as a sport itself so 26" was made, some people still use mods and stocks for practice for when they go to do mototrials. (Y)