Addingham Huge Success

robster

What a resounding result today was.

i am just about to go soak in a bath of smelly radox with a nice Stella. :S

I am chuffed I beat my Nemesis today, Mr Niel (hurman) Raven. Probably only because he buggered his back brake. :lol:

Robbie went well on his new bike, we had a few tears toward the end as he found the extra weight a bit of an issue and he was worn out.

The highlight of my day was watching the one and only Danny Smith giving my bike plenty on the yellow route AMAZING !!! Another rider to make a return to Tykes was Joe Oakley, bloody hell what have they been feeding him on, he is huge now, welcome back the both of you. (Y)

From what I can gather we had everything just about right, maybe a little long but again the sun shone on sat when we marked out. The rain came and went and came and went again, the gazebo blew away and scratched a car big time OOOOPPPS sorry, then the sun shone it dried up and all was well.

I would like to thank Barbara and Brian, Jane and Andy Boyes, all the Boothies.

The observers need a big one as well THANK YOU ALL.

Well done to all of you finished it was not an easy one.

Off for my soak now cos I am in bits.

" TARA WERE IS MI STELLA" :-

JP

Yeah thanks to all the riders for not making me get out of my chair lol.

Was nice to see Danny riding aswell and from what he was saying on the way home if his elbow is still good he may start riding again.

Matt Rushton. (Lazy observer that sat in his chair all day at section 1).

what a cracking day! and best of all i got to ride addingham again, it was'nt until today i relised what we have all been missing with this venue closed.

the weather didn't really bother me too much. the sections seemed nice and long and seemed to have been made a little trickier, which i think is a good thing as its more challenging and makes me put more effort in,

good to see more new faces and also some older faces, danny smith seemed to glide through most of the master (yellow) route sections despite being off for two years, would be good to see him at more events.

top event really and i think it might have helped with trying to get the venue for more tykes events, the lord mayor of silsden gave quite a good speach and seemed very impressed with what actually goes on.

The major point i would like to mention was the fact that he mentioend about the wide spread age group of riders, from around 6 right up to john peacock and neil raven (30's?), its brilliant to see the mix and at least we seemed to have convinced some one who has a little authority and say about the venue who may be able to put forward our case with us as he was impressed with what we actually do on our bikes.

would be brilliant if we say got 14 days use next year and used say 4 for trials and the rest as practice and training days, the venue is best around in my oppinion,

thanks to all for running a brilliant event!

ash

Yeah thanks to all the riders for not making me get out of my chair lol.

yer i noticed you lazy shite :P anyways was a good day apart from the weather at the start but then by about 2 oclock the sun came out and was really good!

cheers mark...

Was a great day today. Good old addingham.

HUUGGGEE Thankyou to Wayne for letting me share his bike for 14 of the 20 sections. Got everything sorted on my bike this morning thinking everything was great and then the hub decided to die half way round a section :( Gutted.

I dont think people realise how much Wayne helps in the sport. We need more people like him!!!!

Anyway thanks to all of the observers and all of the section setters. And everyone else.

Was a cracking day!!!!!!!!!

Brett

The major point i would like to mention was the fact that he mentioned about the wide spread age group of riders, from around 6 right up to john peacock and Neil raven (W's?),

ash

cheeky git Ash that is ageist and we could sue you. 36 to be precice and Niel is at least 50 the way he rode today :-;)

Wait a minute you cheeky young whipper snappers :huh: especially you mister 'only dropped 73 all day Stella Peacock', I am infact less than 40 but only just over 21 although I did ride like an OAP today :lol:

We had a cracking day today and although I needed an extra large sized punch card for all the fives I got I still had a good time and improved on my second round. Adam rode well today, 1st on the guest green route, and enjoyed being back at the venue that he first rode at two years ago on a modified kiddies bike from the local tip :P Addingham Moorside has something for everyone and should never be taken away from us. I was impressed with the deputy majors speech, it sounded very positive, let's hope he can put his words into actions.

I have three lasting memories from today. Adam riding so calmly and collected even when the going got a little sketchy. Wayne on section 9 during the second 'heavy shower.' I don't think Mick or I could believe what we were seeing, just amazing, talented riding. And finally my youngest, Elliot at the end. I couldn't see him anywhere then I spotted bunches of bracken flying up in the air near where Wayne was practicing and then up popped Elliot with a big grin on his face and clumps of bracken ready to launch into the air :P:- I blame the parents myself !!!

Another superb day and I am now inspired - read want to beat John - to enter the next Tyke trial in September. Get practicing Mr John because once I get my hearing aid fixed and my dodgy hip replaced I'll have you, I say I'll have you................... :S

Edited by Hurman

Wait a minute you cheeky young whipper snappers :huh: especially you mister 'only dropped 73 all day Stella Peacock', I am infact less than 40 but only just over 21 although I did ride like an OAP today :lol:

We had a cracking day today and although I needed an extra large sized punch card for all the fives I got I still had a good time and improved on my second round. Adam rode well today, 1st on the guest green route, and enjoyed being back at the venue that he first rode at two years ago on a modified kiddies bike from the local tip :P Addingham Moorside has something for everyone and should never be taken away from us. I was impressed with the deputy majors speech, it sounded very positive, let's hope he can put his words into actions.

I have three lasting memories from today. Adam riding so calmly and collected even when the going got a little sketchy. Wayne on section 9 during the second 'heavy shower.' I don't think Mick or I could believe what we were seeing, just amazing, talented riding. And finally my youngest, Elliot at the end. I couldn't see him anywhere then I spotted bunches of bracken flying up in the air near where Wayne was practicing and then up popped Elliot with a big grin on his face and clumps of bracken ready to launch into the air :P:- I blame the parents myself !!!

Another superb day and I am now inspired - read want to beat John - to enter the next Tyke trial in September. Get practicing Mr John because once I get my hearing aid fixed and my dodgy hip replaced I'll have you, I say I'll have you................... :S

Bring on on gramps, you me the Glen this week.!!!!!!(call me first as i am playing whist and gin rummy on thursday at the local drop in center and it is the bowling comp on friday in the park if you fancy it).

JP

Thanks for a great comp!

The sections were the best so far this year, testing - but not impossible. It was hard to complete the trial without a 5. Sorry some had to/chose to? to miss it, they missed a very good event. The talk of the day was Waynio's ride on section 9, never saw it but heard about it all day.

Ben.

:unsure::rolleyes:

section 9 was one of them sections i got to, and just rode what my mind was thinking, the rain added a bit of "determination" to the section too, the pictures that are in the link in riding pictures give you the idea that it was LASHING it down.

Thanks to everyone who made it happen, hope addingham can be re-opened soon for practise, really miss going there.

All the observers did great, after the "terrential" downpour, they all still seemed to have big smiles on their faces at the end of it :)

Neil, come up shipley, il help you get one over Mr P ;) we will have to get some extra secret training in. We should have an organised "Training Rides" up at shipley and harden moor each week. like a wednesday/thursday night. its usually a reet good laugh.

Wayne.

Wayne on section 9 during the second 'heavy shower.' I don't think Mick or I could believe what we were seeing, just amazing, talented riding.

Neil, no one will believe what Wayne did on my section, you had to see it to believe it. I now know where the insaynio comes from. I had the hardest section of the day, I think only about 6 riders from the yellow red and blue routes got through.

ukbiketrials lost some serious points at the worlds :(

Anyway here's one of the legend that is mr JP

post-1450-1186993824_thumb.jpg

its a shame i couldnt do it on my 2nd lap as i would have been bouncing off the wall!!!! i didnt get enough of a turn in off the slanted/sloped rock 2nd time. and ended up down the girth pile of rocks instead..........maybe it needs to rain more often, then i will ride better :lol:

Wayne.

Bring on on grampus, you me the Glen this week.!!!!!!(call me first as i am playing whist and gin rummy on Thursday at the local drop in center and it is the bowling comp on Friday in the park if you fancy it).

JP

OK JP, Shipley Glen rules - T shirts off, the biggest rock we can find and the last one up buys the beers!! :P and is a big girl..........

Neil, come up shipley, il help you get one over Mr P ;) we will have to get some extra secret training in. We should have an organised "Training Rides" up at shipley and harden moor each week. like a wednesday/thursday night. its usually a reet good laugh.

Wayne.

Cheers Wayne I will take you up on that, Thursday sounds good, the weather should be a bit better then as well B) Just don't tell John!! It's oK he wont be able to read this as he is out at the whist drive at his local town hall tonight :P

The pictures look superb and show that there was actually some blue sky and sunshine in the afternoon. :$ Most of the 'award' winners look like they are about to get shot. Is there something about this winning lark that I don't know about? Must be a bummer being the best, I'm just going to prop up the lower end of the results table and feel good that I can still walk after a days exercise!!! :):blink:

John will have his local "bowls" competition on thursday (Y):)lol!!!!

deffinatly thursday sounds good, laura is working til late.

I think we need to find "another" challenge on thursday, not the big rock we spend all night playing on, and see who can do it 1st between you,john and mark. (i only want to ride a different rock, as im sick of trying the other on your kids bikes neil :P il end up doing myself a mischief)

Wayne.

Just got back from having my shampoo and blue rince and set,

I will be up on Thursday Our Shipley Glen rules. Shirt off (best not forget my lid this time Robbie)

Waynio bring my bike lights with you as I am not going until i'm up that bloody rock, you never know I may well drop off something this week.

Respect to the Rave..on ;)

JP

bell me 1st, or il forget them.

i want a good clean match between you 2 ;) iv trained you NOT to be so competatve, help each other :D and respect each other.

See you both up there, John if you/neil fancy doing anything wednesday too?????as i leave for Japan on sunday, last few rides with you lot again for a week.

Wayne.