Shoes.

Phreemann

Vans have a far too weak sole for when on the pedal, so much so that it aches the foot after a while. My fav are orisis shoes of any kind, extremely tough and hardwaring (had many pairs in my life) though they dont grip in the wet too well :(

I have a pair of monty shoes, but I have really wide feet, so they hang off either side of the sole, which really hurts after an hour or so.

So now I wear DCs, no issue with grip, they are much more comfertable and they look better.

Well, i wear the Try-All shoes (size 6) they are soo comfortable and look great, but they get really muddy.

The advantages of trials shoes are that they are grippy, give you more feel in the feet and more grip of the pedals.

If you dont have some, I reccomend you get some!

i ride in adio shoes there my normal shoes i dont think you really need to buy the proper trials shoes.

bill (Y)

Once you try some proper trials shoes you will realise how much better they are than regular shoes (in my opinion anyway)

Over the years i used vans, DC's and various other trainers and they were never as good.

The soles on any skate shoes quickly die and you end up with a pedal print on the bottom where your pedal has cut away at the sole, and trainers are just to flimsy for serious riding!!

Try all are not overly expensive either i think i only paid £50 for mine.....Bargain