Side Hops

dec

hiya everyone i have not being riding trials long and i was wondering could anyone explain to me how to do a side hop i have tried and failed

is there anyone who could tell me

cheers in advance

dec

There a web site that can teach you all the basic, but not sure how to spell it its something like traszen, or something like that.

hey dec ive not been riding long too. sure you can look on websites to read up up 'how to do this'. there good but i think going out and watching other people doing trials and even asking them to show you certain hops or movements , then you can see how they do it and get the basic body postion and what should be were and when to do this etc i think its much better to be out doing it and practising and occasionaly falling off lol then to be inside readin up a computer document. keep practising and you will get it soon

thanks. Matt

Hi you

Firstly you want to get good at hopping on the back wheel. This is a more controlled method than doing one hop.

So you start hopping next to the obstacle you want to sidehop. Once you feel good and think your in the right postion you pause on the backwheeel.

Then hop again but as your wheel comes down preload. This means you put your weight back and lower the front.

Then at the same time kick the pedals and jump up.

Now you want to bring the handlebars in towards you then push them out. While doing this you want to bring your knees up and push the bike onto the wall.

With any luck you should have made it and you can then start practising and getting big.

Another tip is to aim the front wheel onto the wall so if you back wheel doesn't make it you will go to pedal and not to face.

Sorry if its hard to understand because it was rushed a bit.

Hope it helps and also try and look at trashzen.

Matt

Hi you

Firstly you want to get good at hopping on the back wheel. This is a more controlled method than doing one hop.

So you start hopping next to the obstacle you want to sidehop. Once you feel good and think your in the right postion you pause on the backwheeel.

Then hop again but as your wheel comes down preload. This means you put your weight back and lower the front.

Then at the same time kick the pedals and jump up.

Now you want to bring the handlebars in towards you then push them out. While doing this you want to bring your knees up and push the bike onto the wall.

With any luck you should have made it and you can then start practising and getting big.

Another tip is to aim the front wheel onto the wall so if you back wheel doesn't make it you will go to pedal and not to face.

Sorry if its hard to understand because it was rushed a bit.

Hope it helps and also try and look at trashzen.

Matt

I think that was pretty good to be honest, Also i find it handy if you film yourself and watch it when you get back and you can the compare that to videos on trashzen ,youtube, tricks and stunts or the art of trials, its not as good as watching someone else better then you but thats not always possible.