Topic For the Northern Folk....

Mr Plod

Hey guys. Basically I'm looking to buy an Aprilia RS125 2007 model within the next few weeks... The official dealers in London are charging £3,885 for the F/P version...

I've heard that vehicles in general are much much cheaper up north (Yorkshire way and the like? (My dad said his firm went up north and bought a van brand new 2 grand cheaper than if they'd have bought it down here in the south!))

So if you could maybe be so kind as to look at the official dealers up north and see how much they're charging for the F/P version of the 07 Aprilia RS125 and let me know as if its cheaper up north then I'll be buying from there instead of down here.

All help much appreciated.

Thanks

Edited by College Boy

Hey guys. Basically I'm looking to buy an Aprilia RS125 2007 model within the next few weeks... The official dealers in London are charging £3,885 for the F/P version...

I've heard that vehicles in general are much much cheaper up north (Yorkshire way and the like? (My dad said his firm went up north and bought a van brand new 2 grand cheaper than if they'd have bought it down here in the south!))

So if you could maybe be so kind as to look at the official dealers up north and see how much they're charging for the F/P version of the 07 Aprilia RS125 and let me know as if its cheaper up north then I'll be buying from there instead of down here.

Thanks

It is cheaper but unless you change your insurance over way before going to pick it up. You will end up paying the same due to hiring a van/petrol no point really. plus it is a brand new bike so the price will not vary much unless used!!

Tom

Edited by Boss

Thanks

make sure its the FP version and that youve got a full licence otherwise they wont sell you the full one and its near on impossible and expensive to derestrict.

infact, scrap that, get an 06 RS125.

make sure its the FP version and that youve got a full licence otherwise they wont sell you the full one and its near on impossible and expensive to derestrict.

infact, scrap that, get an 06 RS125.

Whats the difference between the F/P and the 11kw version then? Why won't they sell me the F/p version if I've got a provisional? :S

Whats the difference between the F/P and the 11kw version then? Why won't they sell me the F/p version if I've got a provisional? :S

Because of the HP of i get my ideas right your not allowed to ride anything over a certain amount, like before you 21 it is restricted to 33HP

Because of the HP of i get my ideas right your not allowed to ride anything over a certain amount, like before you 21 it is restricted to 33HP

Yeah you're not allowed to ride anything over 33bhp but the F/P is 33bhp isn't it? Pretty sure thats what I read :S I'm gonna have a quick read up I think.

Thanks so far guys

Well I've been reading up... Looks like you're right :( Although I'm going to be 21 in December 2008 so if I take the CBT and then maybe an intensive course to pass my test it says I could ride a bike upto 25kws.... So yeah. Needs some more reading up I think.

Provisional motorcycle entitlement

This entitles learners to ride a motorcycle

* Up to 125cc

* With a maximum power output of 11kW (14.6bhp)

Way over the HP restriction with that one mate!1 Seriously get your full license than go for it (Y) only take a couple of days (Y) hope i helped

Provisional motorcycle entitlement

This entitles learners to ride a motorcycle

* Up to 125cc

* With a maximum power output of 11kW (14.6bhp)

Way over the HP restriction with that one mate!1 Seriously get your full license than go for it (Y) only take a couple of days (Y) hope i helped

Yeah thats what I thought. But I could take a Direct access course as I'll be 21 in 2008 so before the two year restriction ends so I might just do that. Need to talk to the dealer about it and everything really.

Thanks alot for your help though, Much appreciated. (Y)